Adjustable Lateral Support
The Adjustable Lateral Support minimizes left-right leaning in wheelchairs and most other chairs. The foam-padded sides adjust in or out for comfortable support, and is height adjustable so that side pads are below the axilla.
• Minimizes left-right leaning in wheelchairs and most other chairs
• Foam-padded sides adjust in or out for comfortable support
• Height adjustable so that side pads are below the axilla
• Will not interfere with resident's ability to reach wheelchair hand-rims
• Wipes clean for easy care
• Available in three sizes for petite to bariatric residents
Skil-Care's Adjustable Lateral Support prevents lateral leaning in the wheelchair, geri-chair or standard chair. Its design includes side pads that may be easily adjusted to accommodate various body widths to provide maximum support and minimize left-right leaning. The side pads may also be adjusted so that they are below the axilla and do not interfere with the patient's ability to hand-propel the wheelchair.
|Accommodates bariatric patient|
|Attachable sole for ambulation|
|Cleanable w/ disinfectant||●|
|Patient transfer aid|
|Variety of sizes/lengths||●|
Before installing this device, make certain that you have selected the proper size for your patient. This is determined by measuring the width of the patient's back just below the armpits and checking that measurement against the Width Adjustment Range for the three size models.
1. Separate the width adjustment panels.
2. Set the panels so that the distance between the side pads accommodates the width of your patient's back. Secure the Velcro® strips.
3. Hang the device from the wheelchair handles by means of the Velcro® tabs. For use on other than wheelchairs, these traps won’t be utilized.
4. Secure and tighten the strap around the back of the wheelchair.
5. Secure the backrest pad to the adjustment panels.
6. With patient in wheelchair, adjust the height of the side pads so that they are below the axilla and permit the patient to reach the rims of the wheels.
The side pads, backrest pad and adjustment panels may be cleaned with spray-and-wipe cleanser and disinfected with a non-chlorine disinfectant.
Skil-Care Corporation manufactures a wide range of pressure-relief cushions, heel protection devices, positioning aids for bed, wheelchair and geri-chair, and foam mattresses. Many of these devices are available in bariatric sizes.