ALLEVYN* Ag Non-Adhesive Dressing
ALLEVYN* Ag Non-Adhesive Dressing is a hydrocellular absorbent pad containing SSD, providing sustained, controlled silver release at bactericidal levels. Indicated for use on exuding wounds. Seven-day wear time.
• Non-adherent wound contact layer
• Excess wound fluid is transpired away from the wound bed, reducing the risk of maceration
• Promotes rapid wound closure, less potential for leakage and odor
• Provides an effective barrier to bacteria penetration and reduces bacterial load (in-vitro)
• Product is easy to apply, can be removed in one piece, and is designed in sizes and shapes appropriate for target wound types
• Prevents healing tissue from growing into the dressing minimizing pain on removal
• Top film becomes more breathable in the presence of fluid
• Conformable and comfortable
• Maintains a moist wound interface
ALLEVYN* Ag Non-Adhesive Dressing is indicated for exudate absorption and the management of partial- to full-thickness wounds.
For external use only.
ALLEVYN* Ag Non-Adhesive is not compatible with oxidizing agents (e.g. EUSOL) or hydrogen peroxide, as these can break down the absorbent polyurethane component of the dressing.
ALLEVYN* Ag Non-Adhesive dressings are not intended to provide treatment for infected wounds. ALLEVYN* Ag Non-Adhesive may be used on infected wounds being managed in accordance with institutional clinical protocols for infection abatement as an adjunct to the standard treatment regimen to provide a barrier to bacterial penetration.
ALLEVYN* Ag Non-Adhesive may not be compatible with topical antimicrobials.
Reddening of the skin around the wound may be observed. This may be related to irritation of fragile skin or wound exudates remaining in contact with normal skin for prolonged periods of time. If reddening or sensitization occur, discontinue use.
Avoid contact with electrodes or conductive gels during electronic measurements (e.g. EEG and ECG).
When ALLEVYN* Ag Non Adhesive is used on a patient during MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) examination some warming may be experienced.
ALLEVYN* Ag Non-Adhesive is not compatible with oil-based products such as petrolatum.
ALLEVYN* Ag Non-Adhesive is not suitable for use on cavity wounds but may be used over cavity wounds as a secondary dressing.
As with all products containing silver sulfadiazine the following precautions should be noted, especially when covering a large surface area with the dressing,
1. Use caution in patients with significant hepatic or renal impairment,
2. Use caution in individuals known to have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency,
3. Effects of systemically administered drugs may be altered. This can especially apply to oral hypoglycemic agents and to phenytoin. In the case of these drugs, it is recommended that blood levels should be monitored as their effect can be potentiated.
|Absorptive dressing format|
|Alginate dressing format|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 3 days|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 48 hours|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 7 days|
|Collagen dressing format|
|Composite dressing format|
|Contact layer dressing format|
|Foam dressing format||●|
|Gauze or non-woven dressing format|
|Hydrogel (amorphous) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (impregnated) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (sheet) dressing format|
|Impregnated dressing format|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Sustained release formula|
|Transparent film dressing format|
|Wound filler dressing format|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
First and Second-Degree Burns
Choose a dressing to leave at least (1/2)" margin around the wound. Peel open the paper pouch. Apply with white non-adherent wound contact layer to the wound. Tape or bandage in place.
During the early stages of treatment, ALLEVYN* Ag dressings should be inspected frequently. The dressings can be left in place until exudate can be seen through the outer waterproof film layer and approaches (3/4)" from the edge of the dressing. ALLEVYN* Ag dressings provide absorption capacity for up to seven days (ALLEVYN* Ag Sacrum up to five days).
To remove, remove secondary dressing, then lift one corner of the dressing and peel it gently away from the wound.
For over 155 years, Smith & Nephew has provided innovative solutions that help reduce the human and economic costs of wounds and help people regain their lives.
Advanced Wound Bioactives
(Includes Collagenase SANTYL® Ointment, OASIS® Ultra Tri-Layer Matrix, OASIS® Wound Matrix, Proshield® Foam & Spray Incontinent & Total Body Cleanser, Proshield® Plus Skin Protectant, REGRANEX* (becaplermin) Gel 0.01%)
Toll-free: (800) 441-8227
Fax: (817) 900-4100
Advanced Wound Care or Devices
(Includes all other products listed below)
Toll-free: (800) 876-1261
Fax: (727) 392-6914