The new generation, multilayered ALLEVYN* LIFE is a silicone gel adhesive, composite, hydrocellular foam dressing.
• Five-layer design is ideal for pressure ulcer prevention, as well as exudate management
• Redistributes pressure more evenly than traditional foam dressings
• Helps prevent bacterial contamination
• Highly conformable with a wide adhesive border
• Masking layer helps shield the visibility of exudate
ALLEVYN* LIFE is indicated for wound management by secondary intention on shallow, granulating wounds, chronic and acute exudative wounds, full- and partial-thickness wounds including: pressure ulcers, leg ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, infected wounds, malignant wounds, surgical wounds, first- and second-degree burns, donor sites, skin tears, and fungating ulcers. Can be used in conjunction with INTRASITE* Gel for necrotic or sloughy wounds. Also indicated for pressure ulcer prevention on intact skin as part of a pressure ulcer prevention protocol.
Do not use ALLEVYN* LIFE dressing with oxidizing agents such as hypochlorite solutions (e.g. EUSOL) or hydrogen peroxide, as these can break down the absorbent polyurethane component of the dressing. If reddening or sensitization occurs, discontinue use.
1. Joy H, Bielby A, Searle R. A collaborative project to enhance efficiency through dressing change practice. J Wound Care. 2015 Jul;24(7):312, 314-7. doi: 10.12968/jowc.2015.24.7.312.
2. Simon D, Bielby A. A structured collaborative approach to appraise the clinical performance of a new product. Wounds UK. 2014;10(3):80-87.
3. Swafford K, Culpepper R, Dunn C. Use of a Comprehensive Program to Reduce the Incidence of Hospital-Acquired Pressure Ulcers in an Intensive Care Unit. Am J Crit Care. 2016 Mar;25(2):152-5. doi: 10.4037/ajcc2016963.
|Antimicrobial format available|
|Compatible w/ topicals|
|Intact when saturated||●|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Usable on infected wounds|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Select appropriate dressing size. Prepare and clean the skin surrounding the wound area by removing excess moisture. Any excess hair should be clipped to ensure close approximation of the wound. Start to remove the protector material from ALLEVYN* LIFE and anchor the adhesive side of the dressing to the skin. Smooth the dressing over the wound, removing the remaining protector material and ensure that the dressing is adhered all around the wound.
ALLEVYN* LIFE Dressings, as part of a complete pressure ulcer prevention protocol, can be inspected daily and reapplied. For wound management use, dressings can be inspected and reapplied, but should be left in place to protect the wound. Where used on infected wounds, the infection should be inspected and treated as per local clinical protocol. Dressings can be left in place for up to seven days depending on the level of exudate.
For over 150 years, Smith & Nephew has taken a pioneering approach to product design and services, helping to reduce the human and economic costs of wounds.
Advanced Wound Bioactives
(Includes Collagenase SANTYL* Ointment, OASIS® Ultra Tri-Layer Matrix, OASIS® Wound Matrix, PROSHIELD* Foam & Spray Incontinent & Total Body Cleanser, PROSHIELD* Plus Skin Protectant, REGRANEX* (becaplermin) Gel 0.01%)
Toll-free: (800) 441-8227
Fax: (817) 900-4100
Advanced Wound Care or Devices
(Includes all other products listed below)
Toll-free: (800) 876-1261
Fax: (727) 392-6914