AlloPatch® Pliable is an aseptically processed human reticular dermal tissue for use as a chronic or acute wound covering.
• Open tissue architecture optimal for cell infiltration and host tissue remodeling
• Aseptic processing preserves tissue's natural structure
• Ready, right out of the package
• Does not require rehydration
• Available in multiple sizes
• Shelf life of three years at ambient temperature
• Flexible, thin sheet conforms to anatomy and maintains surface contact
AlloPatch® Pliable is processed to remove cells while maintaining the integrity of the matrix with the intent to address the issues of the specific and nonspecific inflammatory responses. AlloPatch® Pliable is used as a wound care scaffold for the replacement of damaged or inadequate integumental tissue such as diabetic foot ulcers, venous leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, or for other homologous use.
Conditions that could potentially inhibit integration of AlloPatch® Pliable include, but are not limited to: fever, uncontrolled diabetes, pregnancy, low vascularity of surrounding tissue, local or systemic infection, mechanical trauma, poor nutrition or poor general medical condition, dehiscence and/or necrosis due to poor revascularization, inability to cooperate with and/or comprehend post-operative instructions, infected or nonvascular surgical sites.
Do not sterilize. Do not freeze. No known sensitizing agents are present in this tissue. AlloPatch® Pliable is packaged in an ethanol solution and must be rinsed in a sterile solution prior to implantation.
Care should be taken when using AlloPatch® Pliable in conjunction with electrical equipment. NOTE: No b-lactam antibiotics are used during the processing of tissue in AlloPatch® Pliable. Do not use if container seal is not intact or damaged, if container label or identifying barcode is severely damaged, not legible, or missing, if expiration date shown on container label has passed. Do not refrigerate or freeze.
Extensive medical screening procedures have been used in the selection of all tissue donors for the Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation (MTF) (please see MTF's Donor Screening and Testing document). Transmission of infectious diseases such as HIV or hepatitis, as well as a theoretical risk of the Creutzfeldt-Jakob (CJD) agent, may occur in spite of careful donor selection and serological testing
Possible adverse effects of using human tissues include but are not limited to: local or systemic infection, dehiscence and/or necrosis due to poor revascularization, specific or nonspecific immune response to graft.
Store at ambient temperature. Do not refrigerate or freeze.
1. Hodde J, Johnson CE. Extracellular matrix as a strategy for treating chronic wounds. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2007 Mar;2:61-6. doi: 10.2165/00128071-200708020-00001.
2. Simpson D. Dermal templates and the wound-healing paradigm: the promise of tissue regeneration. Expert Rev Med Devices. 2006;4:471-84. doi: 10.1586/17434422.214.171.1241.
3. Zelen CM, Orgill DP, Serena T, et al. A prospective, randomised, controlled, multicentre clinical trial examining healing rates, safety and cost to closure of an acellular reticular allogenic human dermis versus standard of care in the treatment of chronic diabetic foot ulcers. Int Wound J. 2016 Apr 12. doi: 10.1111/iwj.12600. [Epub ahead of print]
|Contact manufacturer for usage guidelines|
|Indicated for acute wounds||●|
|Indicated for chronic wounds||●|
|Indicated for diabetic ulcers||●|
|Indicated for pressure ulcers||●|
|Indicated for surgical wounds||●|
|Indicated for third-degree burns|
|Indicated for venous ulcers||●|
|Shelf life greater than 2 years|
|Shelf life limited|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
AlloPatch® Pliable is packaged in a sterilized foil pouch that is designed to be passed directly into the sterile field. Use standard aseptic/sterile technique to open package.
1. Peel back the outer Tyvek package and pass inner foil pouch to sterile field.
2. Remove tissue from inner pouch using sterile gloves/forceps and immediately rinse in a sterile solution prior to implantation.
3. Once the tissue has been removed from the inner pouch, discard the pouch and packaging solution outside of the sterile field away from electrosurgical equipment.
4. Trim AlloPatch® Pliable to desired shape and size using sterile dry scissors.
5. Place graft on wound ensuring as much contact as possible with prepared wound bed and ensuring no more than 0.5mm-2.0mm overlap of wound edges.
6. Anchor AlloPatch® Pliable by suturing, taping or stapling the sheet, ensuring first that graft overlaps adjacent intact skin.
7. Use an appropriate, non-adherent primary dressing and secondary dressing to maintain moist wound environment and the placement of tissue.
NOTE: Ensure the wound site has been debrided and prepared prior to graft placement.
Dressings covering AlloPatch® Pliable should be changed weekly or as needed.
Primary Dressing: AlloPatch® Pliable should be covered with a non-adherent dressing.
Secondary Dressing: AlloPatch® Pliable requires a moist wound environment. Use appropriate moisture management dressings for the wound type and treatment ideology.
To further encourage healing, patient should be appropriately offloaded following each visit as per institution's standard protocols.
MTF Wound Care is dedicated to developing highly advanced, safe, clinically-based, and cost-effective wound care solutions that work in concert with the body's natural healing process. MTF Wound Care is a division of the Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation (MTF).