Astero® contains a hydrogel and topical lidocaine in a 4% concentration.
• Fast acting - onset of action in 3-5 minutes
• Accurate dosing - metered dose technology (MDose™) dispenses the exact amount of medication
Astero® is indicated for use on
• Closed wound/non-penetrating
– Soft tissue injuries and bony contusions secondary to contusions, hematomas, crush injuries, and sprains/ strains due to torsion, traction, compression and tearing
– Acute and chronic wounds of various etiologies
– Associated topical pain
– Post-surgical incisions
• Open wound for pain and healing
– Acute and chronic ulcerations
– Chronic mixed vascular etiologies
– Diabetic ulcers
– Arterial and venous stasis ulcers
– Decubitus ulcers
– Pressure wounds
• Pain associated with vasculitis
• First- and second-degree burns
• Severe to mild cuts and abrasions, lacerations and puncture wounds.
Lidocaine hydrochloride USP is contraindicated in patients with a known history of hypersensitivity to local anesthetics of the amide type.
For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. If irritation or sensitivity occurs or infection appears, discontinue use and institute appropriate therapy.
Astero® should be used with caution in ill, elderly, debilitated patients and children who may be more sensitive to the systemic effects of lidocaine hydrochloride USP.
Most common adverse reactions are redness or swelling at the application site. Less common side effects, such as sluggishness, confusion, slow breathing, low blood pressure, or slow heartbeat, may occur.
Store at 25ºC (77ºF); excursions permitted to 15º-30ºC (59º-86º F). See USP Controlled Room Temperature. Protect from freezing.
Each gram of Astero® contains 4% lidocaine HCl USP (40mg).
Meadowsweet extract, oak extract, polyethylene glycol 400, polyethylene glycol 3350, water, zinc acetate
|Variety of sizes|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
Apply to the affected area as directed. Maximum 12 pumps per day.
Gensco Pharma is a specialty pharmaceutical company focusing on research, development and marketing of transdermal prescription products.