In-Bed Patient Positioning System
In-Bed Patient Positioning System makes turning easier and positioning more secure, while helping to reduce pressure ulcers. The system reduces exposure to back injury for the caregiver, and allows for two caregivers to turn and position heavier residents.
• Helps reduce pressure ulcers
• Reduces caregiver exposure to back injury
• Allows two caregivers to turn and position heavier residents
• Two wedged bolsters support the side-lying resident
• Velcro® strips on bolsters hold positioning pad securely in place
• Launderable positioning pad absorbs and wicks away moisture
• Positioning pad's fluid-proof barrier protects linens and mattress
• Pad also serves as a transfer aid
In-Bed Patient Positioning System is for use to position the patient securely on his/her side. It facilitates turning and repositioning the patient while reducing caregiver exposure to back injury.
|Accommodates bariatric patient|
|Attachable sole for ambulation|
|Cleanable w/ disinfectant|
|Patient transfer aid||●|
|Variety of sizes/lengths||●|
Place the pad on the bed with web handles to the left and right side. The pad should be positioned so that there is enough room for a pillow between the end of the pad and the headboard. Make certain that the label reading "Absorbent Side - Place Face Up On Bed" is facing up.
Position the patient on the pad so that it extends from the shoulders to the knees. Important safety notice. Make certain that the bed rail on the side to which the patient is being turned is in the raised position as a precaution against the resident rolling off the bed. A positioning wedge is now placed on the side of the bed toward which the patient will be turned. Make certain that the Velcro® strips on the wedge are facing the patient and the notice reading "This Side Up" is at the top of the wedge.
Skil-Care Corporation manufactures a wide range of pressure-relief cushions, heel protection devices, positioning aids for bed, wheelchair and geri-chair, and foam mattresses. Many of these devices are available in bariatric sizes.