BIOPAD™ is a 100% pure native equine type I collagen dressing.
• 100% pure native equine type I collagen
• Highest collagen content on the market
• Thicker dressing construction, containing five times the standard amount of collagen
• Reimbursed by Medicare Part B
BIOPAD™ is indicated for pressure ulcers, venous insufficiency ulcers, diabetic ulcers, partial- and full-thickness wounds, surgical and traumatic wounds, donor sites and other bleeding surface wounds, draining wounds, lacerations, podiatric, and post-laser surgery.
Storage at room temperature, five year shelf life.
1. Karr JC, Taddei AR, Picchietti S, Gambellini G, Fausto AM, Giorgi F. A morphological and biochemical analysis comparative study of the collagen products Biopad, Promogram, Puracol, and Colactive. Adv Skin Wound Care. 2011 May;24(5):208-16. doi: 10.1097/01.ASW.0000397897.18003.ce.
2. Mancuso S, Scambia G. Immunologic evaluation in patients with gynaecologic benign pathology who underwent surgery and application of heterologous collagen [Paper]. Presented at: Il collageno nella realta ospedaliera - Esperienze interdisciplinari; May 1992, Lisbon, Portugal.
3. Mian M, Aloisi R, Benetti D, Rosini S, Fantozzi R. Potential role of heterologous collagen in promoting cutaneous wound repair in rats. Int J Tissue React. 1992;14 Suppl:43-52.
|Antimicrobial format available|
|Compatible w/ topicals|
|Conforms readily to wound||●|
|Gels on contact w/ exudate||●|
|Secondary dressing required||●|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Variety of sizes|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
Apply BIOPAD™ directly to the wound using a sufficient amount to completely cover the wound bed. For dry wounds, hydrate BIOPAD™ to initiate the gelling process. Secure BIOPAD™ with a secondary dressing.
The gel that is formed by interaction with the wound exudate is biodegradable and does not need to be removed at each dressing change.
Secure BIOPAD™ with a secondary dressing of choice.