CELLUTOME™ Epidermal Harvesting System
The CELLUTOME™ System is a precise and automated epidermal harvesting tool that is intended to reproducibly cut a thin skin graft for autologous skin grafting in the outpatient or office setting.
• Harvests autologous epithelium
• No donor site anesthesia required
• Automated, precise and reproducible epidermal harvesting
• Minimal pain and donor-site trauma
The CELLUTOME™ Epidermal Harvesting System is intended to reproducibly cut a thin skin graft for autologous skin grafting.
Follow warnings, precautions and instructions listed in this document. Improper use could cause patient injury, bleeding, scarring, inadequate micrografts, prolonged procedure time, incomplete or ineffective procedure, the need to perform harvesting at a second donor site or patient discomfort.
Harvest from areas of healthy intact skin. Actuating the Harvester handle prior to complete microblister formation may result in patient pain and/or bleeding. The Harvester is a disposable component and is intended for single use only. Re-use of disposable components may result in contamination
Wipe the vacuum head and the control unit nest with 70% isopropyl alcohol between each patient use. Inadequate cleaning may result in patient contamination.
Use this system only with the supplied components.
Inspect the CELLUTOME™ Epidermal Harvesting Unit before use for signs of visible damage. Do not use if there are any indications of damage. Discard all disposable items (Harvester and dressings) in accordance with local medical waste disposal regulations.
Actuating the Harvester handle prior to the insertion of the transfer dressing may result in an inability to secure the micrografts for application.
Handle the Vacuum Head with care. Do not drop the vacuum head, as doing so could damage the glass warming window. Do not suspendor hold the vacuum head by the tubing.
Temperature Range: 0°F (-18°C) to 140°F (60°C)
Relative Humidity Range: 15-95% non-condensing
1. Gabriel A, Sobota RV, Champaneria M. Initial experience with a new epidermal harvesting system: overview of epidermal grafting and case series. Surg Technol Int. 2014 Nov;25:55-61.
2. Richmond NA, Lamel SA, Braun LR, Vivas AC, Serena T, Kirsner RS. Epidermal grafting using a novel suction blister-harvesting system for the treatment of pyoderma gangrenosum. JAMA Dermatol. 2014 Sep;150(9):999-100. doi: 10.1001/jamadermatol.2014.1431.
3. Serena T, Francius A, Taylor C, MacDonald J. Use of a novel epidermal harvesting system in resource-poor countries. Adv Skin Wound Care. 2015 Mar;28(3):107-12. doi: 10.1097/01.ASW.0000460839.72826.ce.
|Includes epidermal and dermal layers|
|Includes epidermal layers||●|
|Local anesthesia required|
|No anesthesia required||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
ADAPTIC TOUCH™ Non-Adhering Silicone Dressing (for transferring harvested epidermal cells to the wound site)
TIELLE™ Non-Adhesive Hydropolymer Dressing (for bolstering the primary graft dressing, e.g., ADAPTIC TOUCH™ Dressing)
BIOCLUSIVE™ Plus Transparent Film Dressing (for dressing the donor site location)
12 month, 3 year harvester shelf life.
Harvester: 5.7"x3.7"x6", 0.2lb
Vacuum head: 5.5"x3.9"x1.3", 0.6lb
Control unit: 10.6"x9.3"x9.4", 7.3lb
Control unit basket accessory: 2lb maximum weight rating.
Internal power supply input: 100-240 VAC 3.2A 50/60Hz
Internal power supply output: 24 VDC, 10.4A
Power inlet fuse:
Type: 5x20mm time lag glass cartridge
Current rating: 5A
Voltage rating: 250V
Operative speed(s): 600ms
Acelity provides a trusted and complementary portfolio of advanced wound therapeutics and regenerative medicine solutions from KCI, LifeCell and Systagenix for customers and patients in more than 70 countries worldwide.