DxWound is a DNA-based diagnostic tool that provides a rapid and comprehensive assessment of the microbial environment of a wound.
• All DxWound tests have ≥95% accuracy and ≥99% reproducibility
• Test identifies aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, fungi, and antibiotic resistance genes plus a virulence gene
• Results report provides simultaneous detection of potential pathogens and highlights potential antibiotic resistance threats
• Information is compiled into a single report delivered, generally, one business day after receipt of the specimen
• Test performs in the presence of topical agents and inhibitors - A series of commonly used therapeutic substances were tested and did not interfere with the DxWound PCR assay. These included dressings (e.g Puracol collagen dressing, Solosite wound gel), antiseptics (e.g., silver dressings, lodosorb gel, Hydrofera Blue® dressing), analgesics (e.g., lidocaine) and topical antibiotic treatment (e.g., triple antibiotic ointment, mupirocin, silver sulfadiazine)
DxWound can be used for any patient suspected of having a skin and soft tissue infection (SSTI) or with clinical signs of a SSTI.
Collection device (pre-collection) is stable for up to one year at room temperature per manufacturer specifications. The collected specimen is stable for testing for up to 30 days at room temperature. The transportation solution, DNA/RNA Shield™ (Zymo Research Corp.), is used in the transport tube for specimen stability. See the manufacturer's Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for further details.
|Contact manufacturer for more details||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
Skin and Soft Tissue Infections (SSTIs)
DxWound utilizes a swab for sample collection. The Levine technique is suggested for collection of the sample: the swab is rotated over a 1sq cm area with sufficient pressure to express the liquid from within the wound tissue. The swab is then placed in a transport tube and sent to the lab for testing using provided packaging materials.
Millennium Health is a leading health solutions company that delivers clinically actionable information to inform the right treatment decisions for each patient. CogenDx is a brand of Millennium Health, LLC.