JumpStart® Antimicrobial Wound Dressing
JumpStart® Antimicrobial Wound Dressings provide broad-spectrum antimicrobial efficacy and an optimal environment for wound healing. Indicated for a broad variety of superficial and full-thickness wounds.
• Broad-spectrum antimicrobial efficacy, including against multi-drug resistant and biofilm-forming bacteria
• Conforms to wound site
• Cut to fit
JumpStart® Antimicrobial Wound Dressing is intended for the management of wounds to provide a moist wound environment and is indicated for partial and full-thickness wounds such as surgical incisions, pressure ulcers, venous ulcers, diabetic ulcers, first- and second-degree burns, donor and recipient graft sites, etc.
Do not use on individuals with sensitivity or allergy to silver or zinc.
Frequent or prolonged use of this product may result, in rare occasions, in temporary discoloration of the skin.
Caution: Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.
Single use; do not use if the pouch is open or damaged.
For external use only.
Do not apply JumpStart® dressing in conjunction with topical agents such as antimicrobial ointments, enzymatic debriders, antibiotic creams or ointments, silver- or zinc-containing creams, oxidizing agents, or petroleum-based products.
Secondary dressings should be used as stated in their Instructions for Use.
The patient should stop using the dressing and consult a physician if allergy, irritation, increased pain, maceration or any irregular skin discoloration occurs.
JumpStart® is not intended to be used on wounds with uncontrolled bleeding.
Remove JumpStart® dressing during energy-based procedures (such as radiofrequencies, ultrasound, radiation, etc.) where the dressing may interfere with delivery.
Avoid contact with electrodes or conductive gels during electronic measurements; e.g., EEG or ECG.
JumpStart® dressings may be used on infected wounds being clinically managed, as an adjunct to the local clinical protocol.
The safety of daily JumpStart® use for longer than 28 days has not been studied.
Adverse effects/reactions include, but are not limited to allergic reaction to silver or zinc, dressing may adhere to wound site if dry.
Store in dry conditions at room temperature. Protect from light.
0.9 mg/cm sq of elemental silver, 0.3 mg/cm sq of elemental zinc
|Absorptive dressing format|
|Alginate dressing format|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 3 days|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 48 hours|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 7 days||●|
|Collagen dressing format|
|Composite dressing format|
|Contact layer dressing format||●|
|Foam dressing format|
|Gauze or non-woven dressing format|
|Hydrogel (amorphous) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (impregnated) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (sheet) dressing format|
|Impermeable to outside contaminants|
|Impregnated dressing format|
|Moisture vapor permeable|
|Secondary dressing required||●|
|Super absorbent polymers|
|Sustained release formula|
|Transparent film dressing format|
|Wound filler dressing format|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
1. Cleanse the wound area with an appropriate wound cleanser according to local clinical protocol.
2. Remove JumpStart® dressing from package and if needed, cut to a shape that will extend beyond wound edges 1 to 2 cm (1/2 inch to 1 inch). Caution: cutting may result in fraying of the dressing.
3. Moisten JumpStart® dressing with sterile saline, water or a thin, even layer of water-based hydrogel (not included).
4. Apply JumpStart® dressing with the dotted side down, in direct contact with the wound.
5. Cover JumpStart® dressing with an appropriate secondary sterile dressing to help maintain a moist wound environment. If needed, secure in place with an additional fixation dressing, using care not to restrict blood flow. The choice of secondary dressing should be determined by the amount of
wound exudate, for example:
• For dry wounds: waterproof, semi-permeable or hydrogel-like dressings are recommended to ensure prolonged moisture.
• For exudating wounds: cover JumpStart® with layer(s) of sterile gauze or foam dressing to absorb excessive moisture and prevent maceration. Then apply a semi-permeable or hydrogel-like dressing.
6. Keep the dressing moist by re-moistening as necessary. Avoid over-soaking. Example:
• Dry wounds may require more frequent dressing re-moistening.
• Exudating wounds may require dressing re-moistening only if exudate decreases and the dressing becomes dry.
Change the dressing according to institution protocol, as needed (when the dressing becomes soiled, or after seven days of use).
Waterproof or semi-permeable dressing cover.
Arthrex, Inc. is a global medical device company and leader in new product development with a corporate mission of helping surgeons treat their patients better.