MANUKAhd lite® is a honey impregnated super absorbent gelling fiber dressing that maintains a balanced moist environment conducive to wound healing. Dressing properties causes honey to gel with wound fluid and allows for easy removal.
• Purest medical grade Manuka® honey with Quality Bioactive Testing Assurance
• Easily conforms to any wound type
• Gels with exudate
• High strength and integrity
• Super absorbent for moderate to heavy exuding wounds
• High sugar levels in the honey results in osmotic pressure, promoting autolytic debridement
• Wound odor reduction
MANUKAhd lite® wound dressings are for use in moist wound management.
Under the supervision of a health care professional, MANUKAhd lite® wound dressings may be used for: leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, first- and second-degree burns (superficial- and partial-thickness), diabetic foot ulcers, surgical wounds, and traumatic wounds.
Possible slight stinging sensation.
100% active Manuka honey
1. Carpenter SR, Shaffet TP, Bowers L, Romano L. Variable antimicrobial activity of three different medical Manuka honeys against MRSA in vitro [Poster]. Presented at Symposium on Advanced Wound Care; April-May 2014; Orlando, FL.
2. Molan PC. Honey: Antimicrobial actions and role in disease management. In: Ahmad I, Aqil F (eds). New Strategies Combating Bacterial Infection. Weinheim: Wiley VCH; 2009:229–53.
3. Molan PC. The antibacterial activity of honey: 2. Variation in the potency of the antibacterial activity. Bee World. 1992;73(2):59–76.
|Alginate dressing format||●|
|Compatible w/ topicals|
|Foam dressing format|
|Gauze or non-woven dressing format|
|Intact when saturated||●|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required||●|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Variety of sizes||●|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
MANUKAhd lite® dressing is applied directly to the wound bed.
Amount of wound exudate determines the change frequance of MANUKAhd lite® dressing.