MEDIHONEY® Honeycolloid Dressing (Adhesive)
MEDIHONEY® Honeycolloid Dressing (Adhesive) contains 100% active Leptospermum honey in combination with a hydrocolloid gelling agent. Supports the removal of necrotic tissue and aids in wound healing. For wounds with light to moderate amounts of exudate. Non-traumatic removal. Sterile.
• Maintains effectiveness even in the presence of wound fluid, blood and tissue
• Dressing will form a gel as it warms up and contacts wound fluid
• Easy to use with potential for extended wear times depending on exudate
• Promotes a moisture-balanced environment conducive to wound healing
• Helps wounds that have stalled progress toward healing
• High osmolarity promotes autolytic debridement
• Helps lower overall wound pH to aid wound healing
• Non-toxic, natural, and safe
• As the honey is released, the sheet absorbs wound fluid and converts it to a gel for easy non-traumatic removal
• Does not require a secondary dressing
MEDIHONEY® HCS Adhesive is indicated for light to moderately exuding wounds such as: diabetic foot ulcers, leg ulcers (venous insufficiency ulcers, arterial ulcers and leg ulcers of mixed etiology), pressure ulcers (partial- and full-thickness), first- and second-degree partial-thickness burns, donor sites, and traumatic or surgical wounds.
Contraindicated for use on individuals with an allergy to honey or on third-degree burns.
Some patients may notice slight transient stinging. If sting does not stop or cannot be managed with analgesic, remove dressing and cleanse area. An increase in exudate may occur due to the high osmolarity. Manage with an absorptive cover dressing.
|Alginate dressing format|
|Compatible w/ topicals||●|
|Gauze or non-woven dressing format|
|Hydrocolloid dressing format|
|Impregnated dressing format|
|Intact when saturated|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
Derma Sciences, Inc. is a Tissue Regeneration Company leading in research and innovation for the management of acute wounds, chronic wounds, and burns, delivering evidence-based products to improve clinical outcomes.