Mepilex® Border Sacrum Ag
Mepilex® Border Sacrum Ag is an absorbent antimicrobial bordered foam dressing with Safetec® technology for the sacral area.
• Inactivates wound pathogens within 30 minutes and for up to seven days
• All-in-one product with Safetac technology for secure yet gentle fixation and easy atraumatic removal
• Excellent exudate management including good retention for longer wear time and less risk of maceration and leakage
• Dressing specifically designed for use in the sacral area for easy application and good ability to stay in place.
• Protects the sacral wound from feces and urine contamination
|Absorptive dressing format|
|Alginate dressing format|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 3 days|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 7 days||●|
|Collagen dressing format|
|Composite dressing format|
|Contact layer dressing format|
|Foam dressing format||●|
|Gauze or non-woven dressing format|
|Hydrogel (amorphous) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (impregnated) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (sheet) dressing format|
|Impregnated dressing format|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Sustained release formula|
|Wound filler dressing format|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Cleanse the wound in accordance with normal procedures. Dry the surrounding skin thoroughly. Remove the release films. Apply the adherent side to the wound. Do not stretch. On dressing removal gently lift one corner and slowly peel back the dressing. If extra fixation is needed, fixate only on the borders of the product.
Mepilex® Border Sacrum Ag may be left in place for several days, but should be changed before saturation or as indicated by accepted clinical practice.
Mölnlycke Health Care US is the supplier of innovative, high-quality wound management products that provide a holistic and caring approach to the patient and to gentle wound healing. Safetac® products feature a unique, patented soft silicone technology.