Optifoam® Gentle is a foam dressing that has a silicone adhesive border, waterproof backing and can stay in place up to seven days depending on the amount of wound drainage.
• Highly absorbent and helps create an ideal healing environment
• Highly conformable border can be lifted and reapplied
• Moisture vapor transmission rate adjusts to fluid level
• Silicone border provides gentle adhesion
• Waterproof outer layer protects wound
• Outer layer provides for low friction and shear
• Minimizes damage to fragile skin
• Will not curl at edges
Indicated for use on pressure ulcers, partial- and full-thickness wounds, leg ulcers, donor sites, lacerations and abrasions, skin tears, and first- and second-degree burns.
Contraindicated for third-degree burns and lesions with active vasculitis.
|Antimicrobial format available|
|Compatible w/ topicals||●|
|Intact when saturated||●|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Variety of sizes||●|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
Can remain in place up to seven days, depending on amount of drainage.
Medline Industries, Inc. offers innovative products and services for wound and skin care.