Optifoam® Gentle Ag
Optifoam® Gentle Ag foam dressing has a silicone adhesive border and waterproof backing. Features broad-spectrum, controlled release ionic silver.
• Highly conformable border can be lifted and reapplied
• Helps create ideal wound healing environment
• Waterproof outer layer protects the wound
• Silicone border provides gentle adhesion
• Continuous antimicrobial protection
• Highly absorbent and non-staining
• Outer layer provides for low friction and shear
• Helps manage bacterial burden
• Needs no additional fixation
Indicated for use on pressure ulcers, partial- and shallow full-thickness wounds, surgical wounds, wounds with colonization, leg ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, donor sites, lacerations and abrasions, skin tears, and first- and second-degree burns.
Contraindicated for use on third-degree burns, lesions with active vasculitis, and individuals with a known sensitivity to silver.
|Absorptive dressing format|
|Alginate dressing format|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 3 days|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 7 days|
|Collagen dressing format|
|Composite dressing format|
|Contact layer dressing format|
|Foam dressing format||●|
|Gauze or non-woven dressing format|
|Hydrogel (amorphous) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (impregnated) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (sheet) dressing format|
|Impregnated dressing format|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Sustained release formula|
|Wound filler dressing format|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
Can remain in place up to seven days depending on the amount of drainage.
Medline Industries, Inc. offers innovative products and services for wound and skin care.