PolyMem® Non-Adhesive Dressings are multifunctional, interactive dressing designed to decrease persistent and procedural wound pain and odor while supporting brisk wound healing by continuously cleansing wounds, balancing moisture and helping focus inflammation.
• Built-in cleansing capabilities minimize the need for manual wound bed cleansing during dressing changes
• Built-in visual indication of when dressings need to be changed
• Contain glycerol to soothe traumatized tissues, reducing wound pain
• Up to seven days between changes
• Keep the wound bed moist
• Highly absorbent
PolyMem® Non-Adhesive Dressings are indicated for the majority of wounds (e.g., full- and partial-thickness wounds, skin tears, ulcers, surgical wounds, and first- and second-degree burns).
1. Beitz AJ, Newman A, Kahn AR, Ruggles T, Eikmeier L. A polymeric membrane dressing with antinociceptive properties: Analysis with a rodent model of stab wound secondary hyperalgesia. J Pain. 2004 Feb;5(1):38-47.
2. Davies SL, White RJ. Defining a holistic pain-relieving approach to wound care via a drug free polymeric membrane dressing. J Wound Care. 2011 May;20(5):250, 252, 254 passim.
3. Rafter L, Oforka E. Trauma-free fingertip dressing changes. Wounds UK. 2013; 9(1):96-100.
|Antimicrobial format available||●|
|Compatible w/ topicals|
|Intact when saturated||●|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Granulating/ Epithelializing Wounds
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
Optimal choice when cutting dressings to size and taping is the preferred method of application. Clean wound per facility protocol. Place PolyMem® dressing on wound. If infection is present, treat appropriately.
Remove old dressing. NOTE: Do not disturb the wound bed. Place new PolyMem® dressing on the wound. If infection is present, treat appropriately.
Ferris makes PolyMem® multifunctional, interactive dressings and Sportswrap® by PolyMem. PolyMem dressings are designed to help all wound types heal quickly and durably. A family-owned company, since 1977 Ferris has manufactured PolyMem® at its headquarters in the USA and has never had a backorder.