Puracyn® Plus Professional Formula Wound Irrigation
Puracyn® Plus Professional Formula Wound Irrigation is a wound cleanser for the critical step of wound bed preparation.
• Cleanses the wound bed without harming healthy tissue
• Reduces wound odor
• Reduces bioburden
• Contains no alcohol or iodine
• Requires no mixing or dilution
• Non-toxic and non-irritating
Puracyn® Plus Professional Formula Wound Irrigation is intended for use by health care professionals for cleansing, irrigating, moistening, and debriding to remove wound debris from acute and chronic dermal lesions that are partial- or full-thickness wounds such as first- and second-degree burns, stage I-IV pressure ulcers, diabetic ulcers, stasis ulcers, abrasions and minor skin irritations, post-surgical wounds, grafted and donor sites, in addition to moistening and lubricating absorbent wound dressings.
Store at room temperature away from direct sunlight and heat. Thaw and shake the content before use if frozen. Do not use after the expiration date. After use, seal or close dispenser.
Hypochlorous acid (HOCl)
Electrolyzed water (H2O), sodium chloride (NaCl), sodium hypochlorite (NaOCl), phosphates
1. Armstrong DG, Bohn G, Glat P, et al. Expert recommendations for the use of hypochlorous solution: Science and clinical application. Ostomy Wound Manage. 2015 Jun;Suppl:2-19.
2. Falanga V, Brem H, Ennis WJ, Wolcott R, Gould LJ, Ayello EA. Maintenance Debridement in the Treatment of Difficult-to-Heal Chronic Wounds. Ostomy Wound Manage. 2008 Jun;Suppl:2-13; quiz 14-5.
3. Wolcott RD, Fletcher J. The role of wound cleansing in the management of wounds. Wounds International. 2014;1(1):25-31.
|Adjustable spray nozzle||●|
|Splash guard attachment|
|Trigger spray bottle||●|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
Cleanse and irrigate the wound with Puracyn® Plus Professional Formula Wound Irrigation Solution. Saturate a gauze dressing and apply to wound bed. To help reduce wound odor and facilitate autolytic debridement, allow Puracyn® Plus Wound Irrigation Solution to soak on the wound bed for 3-5 minutes. proceed to additional debridement protocols, if necessary. Repeat the cleansing and irrigation of the wound bed. If needed, use appropriate wound filler and cover with dressing. According to the wound etiology, apply a final dressing that utilizes compression and/or offloading if needed.
Can be used with many advanced wound care dressings, including foams, alginates, and specialty absorptive dressings.
Innovacyn is dedicated to improving wound management outcomes everywhere. Since 2009, Innovacyn has been focused on creating innovated medical devices and solutions based on advanced hypochlorous technology.