Silver PU Antibacterial Foam Dressing Pads Bundled with Transparent Dressing are made of polyurethane foam, polyvinyl alcohol, silver sulfate and silver chloride. Highly absorbent foam dressing pad with ionic silver as the active component.
• Provides an optimal moist wound healing environment
• Broad-spectrum antibacterial protection against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria
Moderately to heavily exuding partial- to full-thickness, including trauma wounds, pressure injuries, diabetic ulcers, leg ulcers, graft & donor sites, post-operative surgical wounds and second-degree burns. Comfort Release® adhesive transparent dressings are designed to protect fragile and sensitive skin and minimize the risk of skin tears and breakdown.
Do not use Silver PU Antibacterial Foam Dressing Pads Bundled with Transparent Dressing on patients with known sensitivity to silver.
The presence of clinical infection does not preclude the use of Comfort Release® provided that appropriate antimicrobial therapy is also provided.
Store in dry conditions below 35°C (95°F), avoiding light.
|Absorptive dressing format|
|Alginate dressing format|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 48 hours|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 3 days|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 7 days|
|Collagen dressing format|
|Composite dressing format|
|Contact layer dressing format|
|Foam dressing format||●|
|Gauze or non-woven dressing format|
|Gelling fiber dressing format|
|Hydrogel (amorphous) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (impregnated) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (sheet) dressing format|
|Impermeable to outside contaminants|
|Impregnated dressing format|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Super absorbent polymers|
|Sustained release formula|
|Transparent film dressing format|
|Wound filler dressing format|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
1. Clean the wound with sterile saline solution, and dry the surrounding skin gently.
2. Choose the right size of Comfort Release® Silver PU Antibacterial Foam Dressing Pad to completely cover the wound. Choose a Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing to cover the entire Silver PU Antibacterial Foam Dressing Pad.
3. Cover and secure the silver dressing pad with the Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing.
1. Dressing change frequency will depend on the patient's condition and level of exudate. The Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing can be partially lifted to allow the Silver PU Antibacterial Foam Dressing Pad to be viewed and changed every 24 hours without having to replace the Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing. When the exudate amount reduces, the frequency of dressing changes may be reduced.
2. To LIFT and LOOK at the wound or the amount of exudate, partially remove the Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing by simply swiping the white border of half the transparent dressing with the alcohol pad(s). When the alcohol evaporates, the transparent dressing can be reapplied to the skin.
3. To fully remove the Silver PU Antibacterial Foam Dressing Pad, first swipe the entire white border of Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing with the alcohol prep pad(s) until the transparent dressing lifts off the skin painlessly and trauma free. Then, if the wound or Silver PU Antibacterial Foam Dressing Pad appears to be dry, saturate the silver pad with sterile saline solution prior to its removal.
Comfort Release® by Global Biomedical Technologies is a new, smart-switchable adhesive technology that addresses the pain and risk of injury in bandage removal. Comfort Release® products are available for advanced wound care, acute care and everyday first aid.