Stimulen™ Collagen Gel
Stimulen™ Collagen Gel is a concentrated dispersion of modified collagens already in amino acid form. Used to fill wound cavity.
• Can apply collagen gel in situations where powder would be difficult
• Provides a highly concentrated dispersion of modified collagen
• Protective gel on the wound bed protects from dehydration
• Provides a moist wound healing enviroment
• Can be used to fill a cavity wound
• Non-toxic and non-irritating
• Easy to use
Stimulen™ Collagen is indicated for prolonged use (24 hours to 30 days) in the management of wounds including: partial- and full-thickness wounds, pressure ulcers (stages I-IV), venous ulcers, diabetic ulcers, partial-thickness burns, acute wounds, abrasions, traumatic wounds healing by second intention, and donor sites and other surface wounds.
1. Chvapil M, Kronenthal L, Van Winkle W Jr. Medical and surgical applications of collagen. Int Rev Connect Tissue Res. 1973;6:1-61.
2. Elgharably H, Ganesk K, Dickerson J, et al. A modified collagen gel dressing promotes angiogenesis in a preclinical swine model of chronic ischemic wounds. Wound Repair Regen. 2014 Nov-Dec;22(6):720-9. doi: 10.1111/wrr.12229.
3. Stots NA, Wipke-Tevis D. Co-factors in impaired wound healing. Ostomy Wound Manage. 1996;42(2):44-6, 48, 50-4, passim.
|Antimicrobial format available|
|Compatible w/ topicals||●|
|Conforms readily to wound||●|
|Gels on contact w/ exudate|
|Secondary dressing required||●|
|Usable on infected wounds|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
First- and Second-Degree Burns
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
Tubes: Before use, remove cap and peel off the safety seal. Packets: Tear corner off of the packet where packet is indented.
Cleanse the wound using standard protocol. Apply a generous coating of the collagen gel to the wound site.
Cover the wound bed and Stimulen™ Collagen Gel with a non-adherent secondary dressing and secure with tape or appropriate covering.
Change the secondary dressing and re-apply Stimulen™ Collagen Gel daily or as needed.
Cover the wound bed and Stimulen™ Collagen Gel with a non-adherent secondary dressing.