Stimulen™ Collagen Powder
Stimulen™ Collagen Powder is composed of modified collagens. When sprinkled in the wound, it dissolves to form a protective gel.
• Collagen powder is broken down by natural enzymes present in wound fluids
• Forms a protective gel on the wound bed to protect from dehydration
• Does not need to be removed from wound site
• Provides moist wound healing enviroment
• Non-toxic and non-irritating
• Easy to use
Stimulen™ Collagen Powder is indicated for prolonged use (24 hours to 30 days) in the management of wounds including: partial- and full-thickness wounds, pressure ulcers (stages I-IV), venous ulcers, diabetic ulcers, partial-thickness burns, acute wounds, abrasions, traumatic wounds healing by secondary intention, and donor sites and other surface wounds.
1. Chvapil M, Kronenthal L, Van Winkle W Jr. Medical and surgical applications of collagen. Int Rev Connect Tissue Res. 1973;6:1-61.
2. Elgharably H, Ganesk K, Dickerson J, et al. A modified collagen gel dressing promotes angiogenesis in a preclinical swine model of chronic ischemic wounds. Wound Repair Regen. 2014 Nov-Dec;22(6):720-9. doi: 10.1111/wrr.12229.
3. Stots NA, Wipke-Tevis D. Co-factors in impaired wound healing. Ostomy Wound Manage. 1996;42(2):44-6, 48, 50-4, passim.
|Antimicrobial format available|
|Compatible w/ topicals||●|
|Conforms readily to wound||●|
|Gels on contact w/ exudate||●|
|limited shelf life|
|Secondary dressing required||●|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Cleanse the wound using standard protocol. Sprinkle a generous coating of the collagen powder, (1/32)" to (1/8)" depth. Cover the wound bed and Stimulen™ Collagen Powder with a non-adherent secondary dressing and secure with tape or appropriate covering.
Stimulen™ Collagen Powder does not need to be removed from the wound site. The collagen powder is readily broken down by the natural enzymes present in most wound fluids.
Change the secondary dressing and re-apply Stimulen™ Collagen Powder daily or as needed.
Cover the wound bed and Stimulen™ Collagen Powder with a non-adherent secondary dressing.