Stravix™ is a viable cyropreserved human placental tissue comprised of umbilical amnion and Wharton's jelly. Contains collagen and HA-rich ECM, growth factors, and viable cells native to the tissue.
• Anti-adhesion and anti-inflammatory barrier aids natural wound repair, reduces inflammation, reduces scarring, and protects from infection
• Designed for application directly to acute and chronic wounds
• Thicker and stronger than amnion alone
• Immune neutral
• Alternative to autologous skin grafting that eliminates the pain, comorbidities and procedure time associated with obtaining autologous grafts
Stravix™ can be used as a surgical covering or wrap for damaged or inadequate integument tissue.
Stravix™ should not be used in a wound suspected of having an acute or chronic infection.
Caution should be exercised for patients with known sensitivities to the following reagents used for processing, disinfection, and storage that may remain on the product:
• Cryopreservation Solution – Sodium Chloride Irrigation Solution (Saline), Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO), Human Serum Albumin
• Disinfection – Gentamicin Sulfate, Vancomycin, Amphotericin B, Dulbecco’s Modified Eagle’s Medium (DMEM), Water For Injection (WFI)
• Processing Solution – DMEM, Dulbecco’s Phosphate Buffered Saline (dPBS), Saline+Anticoagulant Citrate Dextrose Solution, Formula A (ACD-A)
Donor screening methods are limited; therefore, certain diseases may not be detected. The following complications of tissue transplantation may occur:
• Transmission of diseases of unknown etiology;
• Transmission of known infectious agents including, but not limited to, viruses, bacteria, and fungi;
• Immune rejection of implanted HCT/P; or
• Loss of function and/or integrity of HCT/P due to resorption, fragmentation, and/or disintegration.
Please promptly report possible adverse event outcomes to Osiris at the email address on this website.
Stravix™ has a two year shelf life and should be stored frozen at -75°C to -85°C (-103°F to -121°F).
Composed of the umbilical amnion and Wharton’s jelly, and retains the extracellular matrix, growth factors, and endogenous neonatal mesenchymal stem cells, fibroblasts, and ephithelial cells of the native tissue.
Sodium chloride, DMSO, and HSA
1. Arnold Y, Lerch A, Moorman M, Danilkovitch A. A novel cryopreserved placental tissue for surgical soft tissue reinforcement [Poster]. Presented at Desert Foot 2015; November 2015; Phoenix, AZ.
|Indicated for chronic vascular ulcers|
|Indicated for diabetic ulcers|
|Indicated for draining wounds|
|Indicated for partial- and full-thickness wounds|
|Indicated for pressure ulcers|
|Indicated for surgical wounds||●|
|Indicated for third-degree burns|
|Indicated for trauma wounds|
|Indicated for venous ulcers|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
For directions of use, refer to the directions found on the package insert.
Stravix is packaged in a sterile polycarbonate jar contained within a heat-sealed pouch. This packaging configuration allows for the introduction of the HCT/P graft into the sterile field.
Donor eligibility is determined based on FDA screening and testing criteria, which includes testing for the following:
Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 Antibody
Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 2 Antibody
Hepatitis C Virus Antibody
Hepatitis B Surface Antigen
Hepatitis B Core Antibody
Syphilis Rapid Plasma Reagin or Treponemal Specific Assay
Human T-Cell Lymphotropic Virus Type I Antibody
Human T-Cell Lymphotropic Virus Type II Antibody
HIV/HCV Nucleic Acid Test (NAT)
Each lot must be sterility negative per USP<71>
Osiris Therapeutics, Inc. is a leader in researching and developing regenerative medicine products that improve lives. Osiris has achieved commercial success with products in orthopaedics, sports medicine and wound care.