The Norton School of Lymphatic Therapy is offering a new partnership with the Wound Care Education Institute (WCEI), an educational organization providing the highest quality wound care education possible based on the most current standards of practice guidelines and evidence-based research.
WCEI is a high-quality wound management education company with a unique combination of experienced staff, extensive knowledge, and an enthusiasm for teaching wound healing, making it stand out from other programs.
The WCEI Wound Care Certification Course is designed to provide participants with the best practices in wound care, the science behind healing wounds, and the most current standards of practice.
- anatomy/physiology of skin
- physiological process of wound healing
- wound assessment - etiology - characteristics
- wound management interventions
- wound bed preparation
- arterial, vascular, and diabetic ulcers
- special wound care needs
- adjunctive treatment modalities
- nutritional management
- bacterial burden
- continuity of care
- evidence-based practice guidelines
- change, conflict management, communication
- patient/family education
- national health care issues
- legal/ethical aspects, quality of care issues
- cost management/budgeting
- professional responsibilities
- resource utilization
- wound care team
- coordination of services - multidisciplinary approach