ARANZ Medical Delivers New Silhouette Eco-System of Wound Assessment Products
Christchurch, New Zealand – April 5, 2017 – ARANZ Medical recently announced the launch of a new eco-system of wound assessment products. The eco-system debuted at the Symposium on Advanced Wound Care (SAWC) Spring in San Diego April 5–7th. Each product within the eco-system has been designed to meet a specific set of needs encountered by wound care clinicians and researchers in their roles. These products deliver the accuracy and consistency desired in the imaging, measurement, and documentation of wounds, and will expand the capability of the company’s market-leading Silhouette product suite.
$50 billion is spent annually in the US treating chronic wounds for 6.5 million patients. Regular measurement and assessment of wounds is key to improving the clinical outcomes for these patients. Over the last decade, ARANZ Medical’s Silhouette Wound Assessment System has proven itself as an effective tool for use in both clinical practice and clinical research.
The Director of Marketing at ARANZ Medical, Dr Russell Watson says, “Our new expanded product eco-system has been developed with the many different users of our product in mind. Several years of market research have revealed to us that ‘one size does not fit all’ and different clinicians have a variety of needs when it comes to wound imaging, measurement, and documentation”.
The products that form the new Silhouette eco-system are:
- The Silhouette web-based user application V4.0, which is a significant update from the previous version. Version 4.0 has an improved user-experience design and is able to run on variety of mobile devices and computing platforms
- A new wireless SilhouetteStar camera – the laser-guided 3-D measurement camera is now wireless and has a higher image resolution than the previous version, and
- The SilhouetteLite SmartDevice applications, which provide simplicity in wound photography and documentation.
All of the products in the Silhouette eco-system of wound imaging, measurement, and documentation devices connect with the SilhouetteCentral data repository.
Watson says, “The products within the Silhouette eco-system are a combination of brand new products to meet user needs as well as advancements in the development of our current proven range of products. Our new SmartDevice application that allows the non-contact measurement of wounds, is an example of our advanced product development and innovation”
“Our market research shows that our customers’ needs include:
- improving the efficiency of their wound note capture and care-team communication;
- improving the quality, consistency, and accuracy of their wound care documentation to mitigate litigation;
- non-invasive wound-measurement techniques that provide high-quality data to make timely and appropriate treatment decisions;
- quality wound-care data that enables patients to be involved in their own care;
- more accurate and consistent wound data, which when combined with analytics and reporting, can drive continuous improvement within wound care organizations, such as reducing hospital-acquired wounds.”
About ARANZ Medical
ARANZ Medical Ltd is an innovator of medical solutions, specializing in 3D scanning applications that transform clinical processes in wound care and orthotics/ prosthetics. Key innovations include Silhouette, an FDA-approved advanced wound surveillance system which supports better wound care management and increases productivity in clinical practice, and FastSCAN 3D scanning systems for orthoses and prosthetics and other medical applications. ARANZ Medical has a global customer base spanning the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Europe, Asia, and New Zealand. For more information visit www.aranzmedical.com/.
The views and opinions expressed in this blog are solely those of the author, and do not represent the views of WoundSource, Kestrel Health Information, Inc., its affiliates, or subsidiary companies.