By Industry News
Virtual Seminar with Case-Based, Real-Time Engagement Covers Wound Care in the Post-Acute Care Setting
Malvern, PA—Dec 09, 2021 - New from WoundCon—the first and largest global virtual wound care conference—comes a fully interactive and uniquely immersive virtual event. With free attendance for licensed health care professionals, Wound Management in Post-Acute Care: The Patient Journey provides an exploration of case-based scenarios complemented by real-time engagement with course faculty, instant polling, and interactive exercises—all focused on providing the knowledge and tools today that can be put into action tomorrow.
“It’s important that health care professionals understand that they will not simply be ‘attendees’ of this educational event, but rather actively engaged participants,” states Catherine T. Milne APRN, MSN, ANP/ACNS-BC, CWOCN-AP, Co-owner, Connecticut Clinical Nursing Associates. “We will be pulling together all of the elements cultivated throughout the day, centered on team collaboration, skin and wound assessment and wound prevention and management, and course faculty will be hosting a segment with attendees as the drivers of care.”
Taking place on Friday, February 18, 2022, from 9:00AM to 4:20PM EST—and offering 4 CME/CE credits—this interactive event focuses on reducing unnecessary hospital readmissions and improving patient outcomes throughout its 4-session course, including:
- Let’s Collaborate! Optimizing Wound Care Outcomes in the Post-Acute Care Setting
- Skin and Wound Assessment: An Interactive Case-Based Session
- Wound Prevention & Management in Home Care and LTC
- What Would You Do? Choosing the Right Wound Treatment at the Right Time
Participants will leave this unique, 1-day educational experience with a strengthened ability to:
- Develop cohesive, coordinated efforts among members of the post-acute care team to enhance outcomes
- Explore critical elements for skin and wound assessment
- Outline the role of wound prevention, wound bed preparation, cleansing, dressings and negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT) as part of the post-acute wound care treatment armamentarium
- Examine real-world case scenarios and determine the next steps in the wound care plan
Interested health care professionals are invited to learn more and register for Wound Management in Post-Acute Care: The Patient Journey by visiting: https://woundcon.com/wound-management-seminar/. Additionally, this event will be available on-demand to registrants from February 19 to March 4, 2022. (Note: Participation by individuals employed by industry including clinical, non-clinical and research professionals is prohibited. Content is intended for US audience.)
WoundCon—the first and largest global, virtual wound care conference—brings together health care professionals from all care settings to learn practical strategies that can immediately be put into practice based on the latest scientific evidence and innovations in wound care.
The views and opinions expressed in this blog are solely those of the author, and do not represent the views of WoundSource, HMP Global, its affiliates, or subsidiary companies.