Martha Kelso is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Wound Care Plus, LLC, the largest mobile wound care provider in the Midwest.
With over 20 years’ experience in advanced wound care, Kelso is a visionary and entrepreneur in the field of mobile medicine. “We identified a pressing need for access to high quality wound management across the entire continuum of care.” This is what motivated her to establish Wound Care Plus. Their skilled and caring wound specialists use innovative products and cutting-edge technology to treat individuals with wound or skin issues at almost any site of care. They pride themselves on bringing advanced wound care and clinical excellence, supported by evidenced-based medicine, to clients and caregivers alike.
And they don’t stop at wound prevention and treatment. Kelso and her team have a relentless passion for education as a vehicle to elevate the art and science of wound healing. They have educated thousands of health care professionals and caregivers, not just on the practicalities of wound care, but also on federal regulations and national guidelines. “This pragmatic approach to wound care education paired with our holistic treatment methodology has positioned Wound Care Plus as an industry leader.”
Kelso is a published author and a member of several national advisory boards. She is frequently called upon as a legal expert witness and has been a featured speaker at more than 300 educational events. She is currently the Principal Investigator for a CMS funded Clinical Research study on the efficacy of Platelet Rich Plasma. Kelso is widely recognized as being a pioneer in the advanced wound care arena who works tirelessly to shape the future landscape of health care.
- Course Clinical Editor on Joint Commission for Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) Standards 2019 on behalf of the Brittain Kalish Group (2019-Current)
- Inaugural Faculty Member Post-Acute Care Symposium (PACS) (2018-Current)
- Medical Advisory Board Member for WNDM Medical, Inc (2018-Current)
- Editorial and Advisory Board Member Kestrel Health Information’s Handbook and Reference Guide for Wound Care (2013Current)
- Professionals Dedicated to Quality Wound Care (PDQWC) Board Member funded by Smith and Nephew (2014-2018)
- Long Term Care/Acute Care Advisory Board Member for Acelity (2016)
- Revision Workgroup Member American Medical Director Association (AMDA) Pressure Ulcers and Other Wounds (2014)
- Principal Investigator Platelet Rich Plasma-A CMS Funded Study (www.clinicaltrials.gov) 2018-Ongoing
- Principal Investigator A Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial to Evaluate an Advanced Borderless Dressing (Allevyn Life NonBordered) in the Treatment of Chronic Ulcers A Smith and Nephew Funded Study (www.clinicaltrials.gov) 2017-18
- Principal Investigator A Randomized Controlled Trial of Enzymatic Debridement of Pressure Ulcers with Clostridial
- Collagenase Ointment (Santyl) or Hydrogel (SoloSite) A Smith and Nephew Funded Study (www.clinicaltrials.gov) 2016-17
- The Importance of Acidic pH on Wound Healing: Why All the (pH)uss About Microenvironments? (2018)
- The Role of Hypochlorous Acid in Managing Wounds: Reduction in Antibiotic Usage (2018)
- Collagenase SANTYL Ointment 250 units/g clinical competency for acute care providers (2017)
- Transitions of Care: Clinician’s Resource Guide-Award Winning through the Journal of Wound Care Annual Awards 2017 Short List “The Innovation in North America Award” (2016)
- Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement Clinician’s Resource Guide (2016)
- Debridement: Clinician’s Resource Guide; D.E.B.R.I.D.E.- A Guide to Assist You in Selecting or Recommending a Debridement Method for Your Patient (2016)
- PICO Single Use NPWT System clinical competency for long term care providers (2016)
- Collagenase Santyl Clinical Competency for Long-Term Care Providers-Award Winning New Product or Service of the Year 13th Annual Stevie American Business Awards (2015)
- Collagenase Santyl Clinical Competency for Home Health Care Providers (2015)