BackBone™ Positioning Wedge
The BackBone™ Positioning Wedge is a turning wedge that supports stable depressurized comfortable positioning. Easy to place. Reusable.
• Correct 30° lateral turning is proven to be effective in reducing pressure injury incidence and prevalence
• Supports the most efficient 30 degree lateral turned position possible
• Patented contoured shape and bilaterally symmetrical angle design provide effective lift underneath the buttocks and scapula for greater stability and comfort
• Capable of supporting a depressurized position without direct contact to the bony prominences of the entire spinal column from coccyx to C-7
• Proven to reduce sacral/coccyx pressures to less than 5mmHg
• Cannot be placed to force the patient onto the trochanter
• Remains in place without slipping during head of bed elevation and high fowler position
• Ideal for ICU and other high acuity environments where > 30 degree HOB elevation is necessary
• Designed to provide uniform support of both pelvis and torso to minimize twisting and torsion
• Better comfort means less shifting, longer time in depressurized position, improved compliance and higher patient satisfaction
• Can be placed bilaterally to achieve depressurization and back support in supine position
• Provides increased stability and comfort for MRI/CT, difficult turns, OR
• Antimicrobial four-way stretch nylon is moisture-proof and breathable
• Tolerates all disinfectant types
• Multi-patient use reliability reduces waste, lowers costs and improves caregiver compliance
The BackBone™ Positioning Wedge is indicated to support a person at a 30° side turned position as recommended to reduce pressure to the sacral region.
Avoid direct contact with wounds as possible.
Do not expose to heat source.
|Accommodates bariatric patient||●|
|Allows for ambulation/transfer|
|Attachable sole for ambulation|
|Cleanable w/ disinfectant||●|
|Patient transfer aid|
|Variety of sizes/lengths||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
Position to support under the back in turned position. Adjust for comfort and to circumvent bony prominences.
Change as needed and determined by caregiver to minimize pressure.
32 pound foam core with 1" high density memory foam top layer. Cover is dual layer nylon fabric/cotton knit underlayer, antimicrobial and two-way stretch. Water-resistant. Reusable pillow case not recommended.
Six months under normal wear and tear (excludes damage by sharp objects or extreme heat)
Not made with natural rubber latex
28"x13". Front: 2". Back: 5". Weight: 3lb 2oz. Ship weight: 5lb.
Jewell Nursing Solutions offers positioning products designed for optimal pressure reduction with ergonomically correct comfort.