ColActive® Plus Ag is a collagen wound dressing that will transform into a soft gel sheet when in contact with wound exudates.
• EDTA and fish-derived collagen in ColActive® Plus Ag target and deactivate elevated MMP Activity
• Alginate and CMC in ColActive® Plus Ag allow the dressing to absorb up to 20 times its weight in wound drainage, while still maintaining an optimal moisture balance for wound closure
• ColActive® Plus Ag contains ionic silver for broad spectrum antimicrobial activity
• ColActive® Plus Ag has over ten years of clinical success in treating chronic stalled wounds
ColActive® Plus Ag is indicated for management of full- and partial-thickness wounds including: pressure injuries, diabetic ulcers, ulcers caused by mixed vascular etiologies, venous ulcers, donor and graft sites, abrasions, traumatic wounds healing by secondary intention, dehisced surgical wounds, first- and second-degree burns.
ColActive® Plus Ag dressings should not be used on third-degree burns or on patients with a known allergy or sensitivity to animal derived collagen, silver or any other ingredient.
Store at room temperature. Avoid direct sunlight and moisture. Do not use if package is damaged.
|Absorptive dressing format|
|Alginate dressing format|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 48 hours|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 3 days|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 7 days|
|Collagen dressing format||●|
|Composite dressing format|
|Contact layer dressing format|
|Foam dressing format|
|Gauze or non-woven dressing format|
|Gelling fiber dressing format|
|Hydrogel (amorphous) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (impregnated) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (sheet) dressing format|
|Impermeable to outside contaminants|
|Impregnated dressing format|
|Moisture vapor permeable|
|Secondary dressing required||●|
|Super absorbent polymers|
|Sustained release formula|
|Transparent film dressing format|
|Wound filler dressing format|
|Educational Material Available|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
1. Debride and irrigate the wound bed with an appropriate wound cleanser or distilled water before
2. Cut the dressing to fit the exact wound size. For heavily exudating wounds, apply the dressing directly to the wound bed. For dry wounds with very little exudate, moisten the wound bed with distilled water to begin the gelling process.
3. Cover the ColActive® Plus Ag with an appropriate secondary dressing.
4. Change dressings daily or as good nursing practice dictates.
HARTMANN USA shares the 200-year legacy of the HARTMANN GROUP, an international health care solutions company that has made substantial medical advancements in wound care and skin health.