Comfort Release® Border Adhesive Foam Dressings' hydrophilic foam pad is made of soft foam that is comfortable, conformable and highly absorbent. Breathable and capable of expanding up to 50% when fully saturated. Made in USA.
• Absorbent, atraumatic dressing made from polyurethane foam
• Outer surface of the foam is bonded to a vapor-permeable non-woven border, which acts as a barrier for wound management and prevention
• Surrounding border is coated with a layer of medical-grade acrylic that is not coated on the dressing portion that directly interfaces with the surface of the wound and will not cause trauma to surrounding fragile skin or delicate new tissue upon removal
• Acrylic layer is pattern coated for breathability, which facilitates the application and retention of the dressing to intact skin and does not cause epidermal stripping or pain on removal
• Adhesive is "turned off" with a swipe of rubbing alcohol around the border
• Adhesion bond also tends to prevent maceration by inhibiting the lateral movement of exudate from the wound onto the surround skin
Comfort Release® is suitable for dressing many types of exuding wounds of fragile skin including leg and pressure ulcers and traumatic wounds resulting in skin loss. It may also be used under compression bandaging. The dressing absorbs exudate and maintains a moist wound healing environment while minimizing the risk of maceration when on and minimizing the risk of skin tears during removal.
The manufacturer has identified no absolute contraindications to the use of Comfort Release®, other than a known allergy to acrylic-based adhesives.
The presence of clinical infection does not preclude the use of Comfort Release® provided that appropriate antimicrobial therapy is also provided.
Store in dry conditions below 35°C (95°F).
|Antimicrobial format available|
|Compatible w/ topicals||●|
|Intact when saturated|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Usable on infected wounds|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
To remove, simply swipe the dry border area with rubbing alcohol – it is recommended to use two alcohol prep pads for each dressing. Large alcohol prep pads are enclosed in every box. If needed, add more alcohol for painless release. The interval between dressing changes should be determined by the degree of wound exudate produced and the dressing may be left undisturbed for several days on clean lightly exuding wounds.
Comfort Release® by Global Biomedical Technologies is a new smart-switchable adhesive technology that addresses the pain and risk of injury in bandage removal. Comfort Release® products are available for advanced wound care, acute care and everyday first aid.