DERMATAC™ Drape is a single-use, proprietary silicone-acrylic hybrid drape that is used as an accessory to NPWT systems. Constructed with a precise combination of silicone and acrylic to conform to different anatomical locations. Adapts to the body and provides a tight, highly-effective seal for 48 to 72 hours. Low tack adhesive allows for repositioning and skin-friendly dressing removal.
The V.A.C. DERMATAC™ Drape is an accessory to the:
- ACTIV.A.C.™, INFOV.A.C.™, V.A.C. SIMPLICITY™, V.A.C.VIA™ and V.A.C. FREEDOM™ Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Systems, which are integrated wound management systems for use in acute, extended and home care settings.
- V.A.C.ULTA™ and V.A.C.RX4™ Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Systems, which are integrated wound management systems for use in acute care settings and other professional health care environments where product use is conducted by or under the supervision of a qualified health care professional.
When DERMATAC™ Drape is used on open wounds, it is intended to create an environment that promotes wound healing. DERMATAC™ Drape is designed for use as a secondary or tertiary (delayed primary) intention by preparing the wound bed for closure, reducing edema, promoting granulation tissue formation and perfusion and by removing exudate and infectious material. Open wound types include: chronic, acute, traumatic, subacute and dehisced wounds, partial-thickness burns, ulcers (such as diabetic, pressure or venous insufficiency), flaps and grafts.
When used on closed surgical incisions, it is intended to manage the environment of surgical incisions that continue to drain following sutured or stapled closure by maintaining a closed environment and removing exudates via the application of negative pressure wound therapy.
- Do not place foam dressings of the V.A.C. Therapy System directly in contact with exposed blood vessels, anastomotic sites, organs or nerves.
Note: Refer to Warnings section of IFUs for additional information concerning bleeding or osteomyelitis.
- V.A.C. Therapy is contraindicated for patients with:
- Malignancy in the wound
- Untreated osteomyelitis
- Non-entric and unexplored fistulas
- Necrotic tissue with eschar present
NOTE: After debridement of necrotic tissue and complete removal of eschar, V.A.C. Therapy may be used.
DO NOT use with V.A.C. VERAFLO™ Therapy (Instillation) provided by the V.A.C.ULTA™ Therapy Unit. Instillation into the wound dressed with V.A.C. DERMATAC™ Drape may result in fluid leaks which may result in maceration.
DO NOT use V.A.C. DERMATAC™ Drape over the open abdomen or with ABTHERA™ Therapy. Use over the open abdomen may result in an inability to maintain a negative pressure seal.
For all warnings and precautions, please refer to the DERMATAC™ IFU.
|Acrylic adhesive drape|
|Adhesive border dressing|
|Alternative interface dressing|
|Compatible w/ topicals|
|Flat drain kit|
|Foam interface dressing|
|Gauze interface dressing|
|Interface intact when saturated|
|Kit components available separately|
|Moisture vapor permeable interface|
|Round drain kit|
|Silicone acrylic adhesive drape||●|
|Usable on closed wounds||●|
|Usable on open wounds||●|
3M, with newly-acquired KCI, focuses on providing better care through patient-centered science, helping transform patient outcomes by stewarding skin, reducing the risk of preventable complications and restoring lives.