Comfort Release® Hydrogel Dressing Pad Bundled with Transparent Dressing cover effectively absorbs wound exudate as well as provides a moist wound healing environment. Mainly comprised of acrylamide methyl propane sulfonic acid sodium salt and water.
• Absorbs wound exudate
• Will not stick to the wound
• Leaves no residue in the wound bed
Moderately to heavily exuding partial- to full-thickness, including trauma wounds, pressure injuries, diabetic ulcers, venous leg ulcers, graft and donor sites, partial thickness burns, and post-operative surgical wounds. Hydrogel Dressing Pad Bundled with Transparent Dressing are designed to protect fragile and sensitive skin and minimize the risk of skin tears and breakdown.
This product is not indicated for full-thickness burns and individuals who are hypersensitive to the dressing.
The presence of clinical infection does not preclude the use of Comfort Release® provided that appropriate antimicrobial therapy is also provided.
Occasional dermal hypersensitive reaction.
Store in dry, cool place, avoiding light.
|Antimicrobial format available|
|Bacteria or fluid barrier||●|
|Compatible w/ topicals||●|
|Conforms readily to wound||●|
|Impermeable to outside contaminants|
|Intact when saturated||●|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
1. Clean the wound with sterile saline solution, and dry the surrounding skin gently.
2. Choose the right size of Comfort Release® Hydrogel Dressing Pad to completely cover the wound.
Choose a Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing to cover the entire Hydrogel Dressing Pad.
3. Cover and secure the Hydrogel Dressing Pad with the Comfort Release® transparent dressing.
1. Dressing change frequency will depend on the patient's condition and level of exudate. The Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing can be partially lifted to allow the Hydrogel Dressing Pad to be viewed and changed every 24 hours without having to replace the Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing. When the exudate amount reduces, the frequency of dressing changes may be reduced.
2. To LIFT and LOOK at the wound or the amount of exudate, the Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing should be partially removed by simply swiping the white border of half the transparent dressing with the alcohol pad(s). When the alcohol evaporates the transparent dressing can be reapplied to the skin.
3. To fully remove the Hydrogel Dressing Pad, first swipe the entire white border of Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing with the alcohol prep pad(s) until the transparent dressing lifts off the skin painlessly and trauma free. Then, if the wound or Hydrogel Dressing Pad appears to be dry, saturate the Hydrogel Dressing Pad with sterile saline solution prior to its removal.
Comfort Release® by Global Biomedical Technologies is a new, smart-switchable adhesive technology that addresses the pain and risk of injury in bandage removal. Comfort Release® products are available for advanced wound care, acute care and everyday first aid.