IV Clear™ is a dual antimicrobial clear silicone adhesive securement dressing with chlorhexidine and silver, used to cover and protect insertion sites as well as secure devices to skin.
• Two-piece liner and tabbed paper frame for easy application
• Window delivery for positioning accuracy
• Easy to apply
• All-in-one securement system minimizes training requirements
• Transparent and breathable film with dual antimicrobials – chlorhexidine and silver, embedded in the soft silicone adhesive
• Provides antimicrobial protection throughout the entire surface area for up to seven days
• Kills on average 99.99% of bacteria and yeast commonly associated with CRBSIs
• Soft silicone adhesive allows visibility of insertion site and reduces pain and trauma at dressing changes
• Highly breathable, constantly transfers excess moisture
• Barrier to external contamination
• Fluid impermeable
IV Clear™ is used to cover and protect insertion sites and secure devices to skin.
|Absorptive dressing format|
|Alginate dressing format|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 48 hours|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 3 days|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 7 days||●|
|Collagen dressing format|
|Composite dressing format|
|Contact layer dressing format|
|Foam dressing format|
|Gauze or non-woven dressing format|
|Gelling fiber dressing format|
|Hydrogel (amorphous) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (impregnated) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (sheet) dressing format|
|Impermeable to outside contaminants|
|Impregnated dressing format|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Super absorbent polymers|
|Sustained release formula|
|Transparent film dressing format||●|
|Wound filler dressing format|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
Hold the flap of the top blue liner and peel off. Place the exposed adhesive on the skin and smooth the dressing over the skin to ensure good adhesion. Hold the flap of the remaining blue liner and peel off. Smooth the dressing over the skin towards the edges to ensure good adhesion. Holding on to the tab of the white paper backing, carefully peel off the backing and smooth the dressing towards the edges to ensure good adhesion. After dressing has been applied, apply the tape strip(s) to further secure dressing, IV tubing or to stabilize catheter as good nursing practices dictate.
IV Clear™ provides antimicrobial dressing protection for up to seven days, and will remain in place depending on the condition of the site. Inspect the dressing daily and change as per facility protocol. The dressing should be changed if: the dressing becomes loose, soiled, or compromised in any way; the site is obscured or no longer visible; there is visible drainage. To remove dressing, gently lift one edge of the dressing and slowly peel up.
Covalon Technologies researches, develops and commercializes new health care technologies that help save lives around the world. Covalon's technologies are used to prevent, detect and manage medical conditions in specialty areas such as wound care, tissue repair, infection control, disease management, medical device coatings and biocompatibility.