KerraFoam™ Gentle Border is a bordered silicone retention dressing that locks in exudate.
• Absorbs and retains exudate
• Maintains a moist wound environment and helps reduce the risk of skin maceration
• Absorption capacity allows for fewer dressing changes, making it cost-effective as well as causing fewer disturbances to the wound
• Fewer dressing changes and the soft silicone adhesive ensure less pain at dressing change for the patient
• Dressing is secured to the wound through the soft silicone adhesive, a secondary dressing is not required
• Adheres to dry areas of the skin but not moist areas such as the open wound
• Comfortable and adheres to awkward areas of the body comfortably
• Adhesive reduces leakage and helps stop exudate spreading to healthy skin
• Top polyurethane layer also assists in creating a moist environment essential for wound healing to occur
KerraFoam™ Gentle Border is suitable for use on moderate to heavily exuding wounds such as: leg ulcers, pressure ulcers and diabetic foot ulcers.
Also suitable for other similar wounds producing moderate to high levels of exudate. The dressing will also absorb exudate under pressure.
Known allergy or hypersensitivity to any of the components of KerraFoam™ Gentle Border:
- Sodium polycrylate
- Polyethylene terephthalate
- Vinyl acetate
KerraFoam™ Gentle Border should not be used on:
- Eyes, mucous membranes or tendons, due to the risk of dehydration
- Any cavity or sinuses, as the dressing will swell on absorption
- Dry wounds, as the absorption capacity may cause sticking to the wound or cause the wound to dry out and become painful
KerraFoam™ Gentle Border is not a hemostat and should not be used on bleeding wounds.
For single use only.
For external use only.
Do not re-use. Re-using will cause cross contamination.
Do not cut the dressing.
Dispose in normal waste if used in a household.
Dispose in special clinical waste if used in establishment.
The use of oil-based products (e.g.lotions/oitments) may reduce the ability of the dressing to adhere to the skin and may reduce the absorption capability of the dressing.
|Antimicrobial format available|
|Compatible w/ topicals|
|Intact when saturated||●|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Acelity leverages the strengths of Kinetic Concepts and Systagenix Wound Management to provide a trusted and complementary portfolio of advanced wound therapeutics for customers and patients in more than 90 countries worldwide.