• Highly absorbent
• Single use
• Maintain a moist wound environment conducive to healing in moderately to heavily exuding wounds
Under the supervision of a health care professional, this dressings may be used for acute and chronic wounds of all types, such as trauma wounds, pressure injuries, diabetic ulcers, leg ulcers, graft and donor sites, post-operative surgical wounds, and first- and second-degree burns. Comfort Release® Adhesive Transparent Dressings and Bandages are designed to protect fragile and sensitive skin and minimize the risk of pain, skin tears, or skin irritation upon dressing removal..
Do not use on patients with known sensitivity to honey. Minor stinging may be experienced due to osmotic action and/or low pH of honey. This should be temporary however, if pain persists, discontinue use of the dressing and gently irrigate the wound with sterile saline solution.
Should not be used on any patient with known adverse reactions to medical-grade acrylic adhesives, honey or rubbing alcohol (used for adhesive dressing removal). Do not reuse dressings.
Occasional dermal hypersensitive reaction.
Store in a sealed pouch, in a cool and dry place at room temperature 59°F-86°F (15°C-30°C); avoid moisture and sunlight.
Manuka Honey from New Zealand.
|Alginate dressing format|
|Amorphous hydrogel dressing format|
|Compatible w/ topicals||●|
|Foam dressing format|
|Gauze or non-woven dressing format|
|Intact when saturated||●|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
Transparent adhesive dressings are made especially for frail elderly, immunocompromised, or sensitive skin.
1. Clean the wound with sterile saline solution and gently irrigate the wound.
2. Choose the right size of MEDSAF Manuka Honey Hydrofiber dressing pad, cut to size if needed, and place either side down to completely cover the wound. Use the Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing to cover the entire MEDSAF Manuka Honey Hydrofiber Pad.
3. Cover and secure the MEDSAF Manuka Honey Hydrofiber Pad with the Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing.
1. Dressing change frequency will depend on the patient's condition and level of exudate. The Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing can be partially lifted to allow the wound bed to be viewed without having to replace the Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing. When the exudate amount reduces, the frequency of dressing changes may be reduced.
2. To LIFT the dressing and LOOK at the wound or the amount of exudate, the Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing should be partially removed by simply swiping half of the white border of the transparent dressing with the alcohol pad(s). When the alcohol evaporates, the transparent dressing can be reapplied to the skin.
3. To fully remove the MEDSAF Manuka Honey Hydrofiber pad, first swipe the entire white border of Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing with the alcohol prep pad(s) until the transparent dressing lifts off the skin painlessly and trauma free.
Wound dressing pad with super-absorbent and cross-linked mesh fibers. High medical grade Manuka honey concentration and absorptive dressing, with pH of 3.0-4.5. Paired with Comfort Release® breathable, transparent dressings with easy release from skin (when removed as directed).
Comfort Release® by Global Biomedical Technologies is a new, smart-switchable adhesive technology that addresses the pain and risk of injury in bandage and dressing removal. Comfort Release® products are available for advanced wound care, acute care and everyday first aid.