MEDSAF Manuka Honey Hydrofiber Pads Bundled with Various Sizes Transparent Dressings are blended super absorbent, gel fiber wound dressings for the management of exuding wounds.
• Highly absorbent
• Single use
• Maintain a moist wound environment conducive to healing in moderately to heavily exuding wounds
Under the supervision of a health care professional, this dressings may be used for acute and chronic wounds of all types, such as trauma wounds, pressure injuries, diabetic ulcers, leg ulcers, graft and donor sites, post-operative surgical wounds, and first- and second-degree burns. Comfort Release® Adhesive Transparent Dressings and Bandages are designed to protect fragile and sensitive skin and minimize the risk of skin tears and breakdown.
Do not use on patients with known sensitivity to honey.
The presence of clinical infection does not preclude the use of Comfort Release® provided that appropriate antimicrobial therapy is also provided.
Should not be used on any patient with known adverse reactions to medical-grade acrylic adhesives.
Keep dry and out of sunlight.
Manuka Honey from New Zealand.
|Alginate dressing format|
|Amorphous hydrogel dressing format|
|Compatible w/ topicals||●|
|Foam dressing format|
|Gauze or non-woven dressing format|
|Intact when saturated||●|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
1. Clean the wound with sterile saline solution and gently irrigate the wound.
2. Choose the right size of MEDSAF Manuka Honey Hydrofiber dressing pad, either side down to completely cover the wound. Use the Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing to cover the entire MEDSAF Manuka Honey Hydrofiber Pad.
3. Cover and secure the MEDSAF Manuka Honey Hydrofiber Pad with the Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing.
1. Dressing change frequency will depend on the patient's condition and level of exudate. The Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing can be partially lifted to allow the MEDSAF Manuka Honey Hydrofiber Pad to be viewed and changed every 24 hours without having to replace the Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing. When the exudate amount reduces, the frequency of dressing changes may be reduced.
2. To LIFT the dressing and LOOK at the wound or the amount of exudate, the Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing should be partially removed by simply swiping the white border of half the transparent dressing with the alcohol pad(s). When the alcohol evaporates, the transparent dressing can be reapplied to the skin.
3. To fully remove the MEDSAF Manuka Honey Hydrofiber pad, first swipe the entire white border of Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing with the alcohol prep pad(s) until the transparent dressing lifts off the skin painlessly and trauma free.
Comfort Release® by Global Biomedical Technologies is a new, smart-switchable adhesive technology that addresses the pain and risk of injury in bandage removal. Comfort Release® products are available for advanced wound care, acute care and everyday first aid.