Mepilex® Border Sacrum is a self-adherent, soft silicone bordered foam dressing that is moisture-proof and bacteria-proof. Absorbs moderate to high amounts of exudate.
• Atraumatic to the wound and surrounding skin on removal
• Does not adhere to moist wounds
• Uniquely designed for treating or preventing sacral wounds
• Significantly reduces shear forces
• Adheres gently and securely to dry, intact surrounding skin
• Maintains a moist wound environment
• Minimizes the risk of maceration
• Designed for ease of use and patient comfort
• Moisture-proof and bacteria-proof film backing
• Deep Defense™ technology for protection from the combined effect of the extrinsic factors responsible for pressure ulcer formation
Mepilex® Border Sacrum is designed for a wide range of exuding wounds such as pressure injuries, leg and foot ulcers and traumatic wounds such as skin tears and surgical wounds.
Mepilex® Border Sacrum may be be used as part of a prophylactic therapy to help prevent skin damage, e.g., pressure injuries, post-operative blistering.
In case of signs of clinical infection, consult a health care professional for adequate infection treatment. Do not use Mepilex® Border Sacrum together with oxidizing agents such as hypochlorite solutions or hydrogen peroxide. Mepilex® Border Sacrum should be stored in dry conditions below 95°F (35°C). Sterility is guaranteed unless inner package is damaged or opened prior to use. Do not re-sterilize.
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
For pressure injury prevention and wound management:
Cleanse the wound in accordance with normal procedures. Dry the surrounding skin thoroughly. Remove the release films. Apply the adherent side to the wound. Do not stretch. If extra fixation is needed, fixate only on the borders of the product.
Mepilex® Border Sacrum can also be used on dry/necrotic wounds in combination with gels.
Mepilex® Border may be left in place for several days depending on the condition of the wound and the surrounding skin, or as indicated by accepted clinical practice. Mepilex® Border should be changed when exudate is present at the pad edges. A change in dressing regimen can result in an initial increased level of exudates, which temporarily may require an increased change frequency.
On dressing removal, gently lift one corner and slowly peel back the dressing.