Prontosan® Wound Irrigation Solution contains polyhexanide (PHMB) and a surfactant, betaine, for cleansing wounds. Also may be used for moistening and lubricating wound dressings.
• Polyhexanide (PHMB) inhibits the growth of microorganisms within the product
• Betaine, a surfactant, is a surface-active cleanser
• Easy to use with no further preparation required
• Shelf life of four weeks after opening; no refrigeration required
• Successfully meets USP 51 Category 2 Criteria for Antimicrobial Effectiveness Testing
Prontosan® Wound Irrigation Solution is intended for cleansing wounds and for moistening and lubricating absorbent wound dressings for the management of ulcers, burns, post-surgical wounds and abrasions.
Should not be used if there is a history of allergy to any of the ingredients
Do not use in the presence of hyaline cartilage
Do not use in combination with anionic surfactants as these may impair preservation.
Mixing product with other wound cleansing soaps, lotions, ointments, oils or enzymes may lower efficacy.
Do not infuse, inject or ingest.
For external use only.
Store at room temperature. Avoid excessive heat. Do not refrigerate or freeze.
|Adjustable spray nozzle|
|Splash guard attachment|
|Trigger spray bottle|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures and markets innovative medical products and services to the health care industry.