• Non-adherent dressing pad absorbs exudate and forms a gel-like covering over the wound
• Maintains a moist environment for wound healing
• Dressing pad can restrain bacteria from growing and reduce infection
• Can cut to size and also be used to pack a wound
Moderately to heavily exuding partial- to full-thickness wounds, including trauma wounds, pressure injuries, diabetic ulcers leg ulcers, graft & donor sites and post-operative surgical wounds.
Silver Alginate Therapeutic Pad Bundled with Bandage or Transparent Dressing is designed to protect fragile and sensitive skin and minimize the risk of pain, skin tears, or skin irritation upon dressing removal..
The manufacturer has identified no absolute contraindications to the use of Comfort Release®, other than a known allergy to acrylic-based adhesives or silver. Silver alginate dressings are not intended for use on third-degree burns.
The presence of clinical infection does not preclude the use of Comfort Release® provided that appropriate antimicrobial therapy is also provided. Prescription only. Should not be used on any patient with known adverse reactions to medical-grade acrylic adhesives, silver alginate or rubbing alcohol (used for adhesive dressing removal). Do not reuse dressings.
Occasional dermal hypersensitive reaction.
Store in a sealed pouch, in a cool and dry place at room temperature 59°F-86°F (15°C-30°C); avoid moisture and sunlight.
|Absorptive dressing format|
|Alginate dressing format||●|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 48 hours|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 3 days|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 7 days||●|
|Collagen dressing format|
|Composite dressing format|
|Contact layer dressing format|
|Foam dressing format|
|Gauze or non-woven dressing format|
|Gelling fiber dressing format|
|Hydrogel (amorphous) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (impregnated) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (sheet) dressing format|
|Impermeable to outside contaminants|
|Impregnated dressing format|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Super absorbent polymers|
|Sustained release formula||●|
|Transparent film dressing format|
|Wound filler dressing format|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Comfort Release® Transparent Adhesive Dressings are made especially for frail elderly, immunocompromised, or sensitive skin.
1. Clean the wound with sterile saline solution, and dry the surrounding skin gently.
2. Choose the right size of Comfort Release® Silver Alginate Therapeutic Pad to completely cover the wound. Cut dressing to size if necessary to fit over the wound bed. Choose a Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing or Bandage to cover the entire silver alginate pad.
3. Cover and secure the Silver Alginate Therapeutic Pad with Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing or Bandage.
1. Dressing change frequency will depend on the patient's condition and level of exudate. The Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing can to be partially lifted to allow the wound bed to be viewed without having to replace the Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing. When the exudate amount reduces, the frequency of dressing changes may be reduced.
2. To LIFT and LOOK at the wound or the amount of exudate, partially remove the Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing by simply swiping half of the white border of the transparent dressing with the alcohol pad(s). When the alcohol evaporates, the transparent dressing can be reapplied to the skin.
3. To fully remove the Silver Alginate Therapeutic Pad, first swipe the entire white border of the Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing or Bandage with the alcohol prep pad(s) until the Silver Alginate Therapeutic Pad lifts off the skin painlessly and trauma free. Then, if the wound or Silver Alginate Therapeutic Pad appears to be dry, saturate the silver alginate pad with sterile saline solution prior to its removal.
Silver alginate pad effective against both gram positive and gram-negative bacteria. Contains 50 mcg/100sq cm silver particles. As it absorbs exudate it forms a gel-like covering to keep the wound bed moist. Paired with Comfort Release® breathable, transparent dressings with easy release from skin (when removed as directed).
Comfort Release® by Global Biomedical Technologies is a new, smart-switchable adhesive technology that addresses the pain and risk of injury in bandage and dressing removal. Comfort Release® products are available for advanced wound care, acute care and everyday first aid.