The SNAP™ Therapy System is a mechanically-powered, disposable NPWT device which combines the simplicity of advanced wound dressings with negative pressure wound therapy in a discreet design. CPT codes: 97607, 97608.
• Combines the simplicity of advanced wound dressings with the proven benefits1 of negative pressure wound therapy
• Single use, disposable NPWT with off-the-shelf availability for easy access
• Small, silent, discreet design can be hidden under clothing
• Proprietary spring mechanism generates consistent, even levels of negative pressure
• Visual indicator displays when cartridge is full or discharged
• BIOLOCK™ technology gels exudate for fluid containment
• Two randomized controlled trials
1. Armstrong DG, Marston WA, Reyzelman AM, Kirsner RS. Comparative effectiveness of mechanically and electrically powered negative pressure wound therapy devices: a multicenter randomized controlled trial. Wound Rep Reg 2012; 20(3):332-341.
The SNAP™ Therapy System is indicated for patients who would benefit from wound management via the application of negative pressure, particularly as the device may promote wound healing through the removal of excess exudates, infectious material and tissue debris. The SNAP™ Therapy System is indicated for removal of small amounts of exudate from chronic, acute, traumatic, subacute and dehisced wounds, ulcers (such as diabetic, venous or pressure), surgically closed incisions, flaps and grafts.
Donnot place the SNAP™ Therapy System over: inadequately drained wounds; necrotic tissue such as eschar or adherent slough; exposed blood vessels, anastomotic sites, organs, tendons or nerves; wounds containing malignancy; fistulas; untreated osteomyelitis; or actively bleeding wounds.
See product Instructions for Use (IFU) for specific warnings and precautions.
|Accommodates small wounds||●|
|Usable on open wounds||●|
|Variety of sizes available||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Flaps and Grafts
The SNAP™ Therapy System is not a rented piece of durable medical equipment, but instead is stocked on the shelf in clinics like other disposable wound care products.
The SNAP™ Therapy System was designed to simplify dressing applications:
1. The SNAP™ BLUE foam or antimicrobial gauze is cut to fit the wound and applied to the wound bed.
2. The SNAP™ Hydrocolloid Dressing is placed over the wound and sealed. The dressing has an integrated port for one-step application. The tubing can be cut to the desired length to minimize the potential for tripping or falling.
3. The tubing is connected to the SNAP™ Therapy Cartridge and negative pressure therapy is initiated by pulling out the activation key from the cartridge. The cartridge can be secured to the patients extremity or belt using the SNAP™ strap.
Every 48-72 hours.
SNAP™ Bridge Dressing Kit
Negative pressure setting: 125mmHg
Integrated one-way flow valve
Visual indicator displays when cartridge is full or discharged
BIOLOCK™ technology to gel exudate
Single-use, disposable components
3M, with newly-acquired KCI, focuses on providing better care through patient-centered science, helping transform patient outcomes by stewarding skin, reducing the risk of preventable complications and restoring lives.