Sterilux® AMD Antimicrobial Gauze bandage is highly absorbent, air permeable and contains PHMB and benzalkonium chloride, which help resist bacterial colonization withing the dressing.
• High yarn count for increased absorbency
• Folded edges prevent linting and unraveling
• Soft texture provides superior patient comfort
• PHMB and benzalkonium chloride reduces a broad range of pathogens within the dressing
Sterilux® AMD Antimicrobial Gauze is intended for use as primary or secondary bandages for exuding wounds, lacerations, abrasions, first- and second-degree burns, surgical incisions, wound packing, donor sites, catheter sites, IV sites and central lines. It can be used to secure and prevent movement of primary bandages as well.
The bandage is contraindicated for use on third-degree burns.
Single use and external use only.
• Should not be used on patients with known sensitivity to PHMB and BKC.
• The bandage only helps resist bacterial colonization within the bandage and should not be used as a treatment for clinical infection.
• Soak with sterile saline or water when the bandage is not easily removed.
Store at room temperature. Avoid direct sunlight and moisture. Do not use if package is damaged.
0.1% polyhexamethylene biguanide (PHMB), 0.02% benzalkonium chloride
|Absorptive dressing format|
|Alginate dressing format|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 48 hours|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 3 days|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 7 days||●|
|Collagen dressing format|
|Composite dressing format|
|Contact layer dressing format|
|Foam dressing format|
|Gauze or non-woven dressing format||●|
|Gelling fiber dressing format|
|Hydrogel (amorphous) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (impregnated) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (sheet) dressing format|
|Impermeable to outside contaminants|
|Impregnated dressing format|
|Moisture vapor permeable|
|Secondary dressing required||●|
|Super absorbent polymers|
|Sustained release formula|
|Transparent film dressing format|
|Wound filler dressing format|
|Educational Material Available|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Change every 24 hours.
HARTMANN USA shares the 200-year legacy of the HARTMANN GROUP, an international health care solutions company that has made substantial medical advancements in wound care and skin health.