Supreme Ag Calcium Alginate with Antibacterial Silver dressings are soft, conformable wound covers with a high mannuronic acid content.
• Contains 1.5% silver by weight which provides antibacterial properties to the dressing
• Silver ions protect the dressing from a broad spectrum of bacterial contamination over a period of up to 3 days
• Can be changed daily, or left on the wound for up to 3 days
• Made with a high mannuronic acid content, allowing for increased fluid uptake which forms a soft gel
• Highly absorbent
• Soft and comfortable
• Easily conforms to the shape of the wound bed
• Silver in the dressing has an antimicrobial effect upon various types of bacteria including Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli
Supreme Ag Calcium Alginate with Antibacterial Silver can be used for the management of wounds which are moderately or heavily exuding, superficial or deep wounds including: pressure ulcers, arterial ulcers, venous lower leg ulcers, diabetic ulcers, post-operative wounds, partial-thickness wounds, acute and surgical wounds, lacerations, and second-degree burns.
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Clean the wound carefully using existing clinical protocols. The skin surrounding the wound should be clean and dry. Choose the size of the dressing to match the wound area. Place Supreme Ag on the moist wound. If necessary, fold or cut to adjust to wound size. For wounds with light exudation moisten the dressing with saline solution (0.9%). Secure the Supreme Ag with a suitable secondary dressing.
The intervals between dressing changes are to be set by the physician in charge according to the stage of wound healing and depending upon the level of exudate, the degree of infection, and the secondary dressing used. The dressing may be changed daily, or left on the wound for up to three days. Remove the secondary dressing using existing clinical protocols. Remove any non-gelled Supreme Ag and rinse off any gel residue that is left in the wound with saline solution (0.9%) before wound assessment and applying the new dressing.
No posters match your selected filters. Remove some filtres, or reset them and start again.