SurgiClear™ is an antimicrobial clear silicone adhesive dressing with chlorhexidine and silver used to cover and protect wound closure devices.
• Two-piece liner and tabbed paper frame for easy application
• Window delivery for increased positioning accuracy
• Transparency allows for continuous visualization of the area
• Easy to apply and use; conforms well to body contours of multiple site areas
• Transparent and breathable film with dual antimicrobials, chlorhexidine and silver, embedded in the soft silicone adhesive
• Provides antimicrobial protection throughout the entire surface area for up to seven days
• Dual antimicrobials kill 99.99% of bacteria and yeast commonly associated with SSIs
• Soft silicone adhesive allows visibility of the incision site
• Highly flexible over joints
• Non-sensitizing, reduces pain and trauma at dressing change
• Leaves no residue and is easy to remove
• Highly breathable, constantly transfers excess moisture
• Barrier to external contamination
• Fluid impermeable and waterproof
SurgiClear™ is intended to cover and protect wounds caused by percutaneous medical devices. May also be used to cover and secure primary dressings. Inhibits microbial growth within the dressing and prevents external contamination.
|Absorptive dressing format|
|Alginate dressing format|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 48 hours|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 3 days|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 7 days||●|
|Collagen dressing format|
|Composite dressing format|
|Contact layer dressing format|
|Foam dressing format|
|Gauze or non-woven dressing format|
|Gelling fiber dressing format|
|Hydrogel (amorphous) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (impregnated) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (sheet) dressing format|
|Impermeable to outside contaminants|
|Impregnated dressing format|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Super absorbent polymers|
|Sustained release formula||●|
|Transparent film dressing format||●|
|Wound filler dressing format|
Remove the center window of the paper backing. Hold the flap of the top blue liner and peel off. Place the exposed adhesive on the skin and smooth the dressing over the skin. Hold the flap of the remaining blue liner and peel off and smooth the dressing over the skin toward the edges.
To remove frame: start from the pre-cut line, peel off in a circular motion and smooth the dressing toward the edges to ensure good adhesion. SurgiClear™ provides antimicrobial dressing protection for up to seven days. Inspect the dressing daily and change as per facility protocol. The dressing should be changed as necessary.
Covalon Technologies researches, develops and commercializes new health care technologies that help save lives around the world. Covalon's technologies are used to prevent, detect and manage medical conditions in specialty areas such as wound care, tissue repair, infection control, disease management, medical device coatings and biocompatibility.