Prepare for your Wound Certification Board Exams and earn Continuing Education credit. This 17-hour intensive seminar taught by nationally recognized experts and educators in wound care.
After completing this activity, participants should be able to:
- Outline the etiology of chronic wounds and extrinsic factors that contribute to and affect wound healing outcomes.
- Describe the phases of wound healing and the associated microenvironment, cellular components and their functions in wound healing.
- Identify the anatomy of the skin and other important structures.
- Assess research and evidence related to wound management.
- Describe specific diagnostic tests, examination tests, lab tests and measures related to wound assessment and management.
- Identify the components of wound assessment and documentation.
- Identify methods for recognizing soft tissue and bone infections, bioburden management and treatment of local and systemic infections.
- Discuss nutritional factors and the underlying deficiencies that impact wound healing.
- Relate the psychosocial and cognitive aspects to patient outcomes in wound repair.
- Describe specific treatment interventions for chronic wounds including debridement, topical therapies, and biophysical expertise.
Courses are offered in Long Island, Cincinnati, Las Vegas, Washington DC, and Atlanta.
Super Saver Rate: $750
Early Bird Rate: $800
Regular Rate: $850