PICO* Single Use Negative Pressure Wound Therapy System
The PICO* Single Use Negative Pressure Wound Therapy System is indicated for acute and chronic wounds, and closed surgical incisions with low to moderate levels of exudate. This single use system is canister-free with a wear time of up to seven days. Approved for both hospital and home care settings.
• Features Soft Port technology designed to reduce the risk of pressure points while supporting easy application and conformability to challenging anatomical areas
• Multisite dressing makes therapy more accessible for wound in awkward areas such as the neck, shoulder, knee or sacrum
• May reduce complications and provide positive outcomes for patients
• Simple, patient-friendly application
• Pocket-size is easy to wear compared with traditional NPWT devices
• High MVTR top film allows one-way transpiration of exudate vapor
• Silicone contact allows fluid to pass and minimizes pain on removal
• Provides even distribution of negative pressure across the dressing
• Fast and easy to apply and can be easily adjusted
• Simple operation means less chance of error
• Simple instructions reduce training time
• Airlock layer maintains open airflow
PICO* Single Use Negative Pressure Wound Therapy System is indicated for patients who would benefit from a suction device (negative pressure wound therapy) as it may promote wound healing via removal of low levels of exudate and infectious materials. Examples of appropriate wound types include: chronic; acute; traumatic; subacute and dehisced wounds; partial-thickness burns; ulcers (such as diabetic or pressure); flaps and grafts; closed surgical incisions.
Suitable for use in both a hospital and home care setting.
|Accommodates large wounds|
|Accommodates small wounds||●|
|Antimicrobial interface available|
|Portable (under 1lb)||●|
|Usable on closed wounds||●|
|Usable on open wounds||●|
|Variable pressure setting|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Closed Surgical Incisions
PICO* Single Use Negative Pressure Wound Therapy System is a small, lightweight, portable suction device consisting of an electric motor driven, twin-diaphragm, vacuum pump connected to a super absorbent, gentle adhesive dressing. Each kit contains a sterile single-use pump, two dressings and secondary fixation strips.
The dressing is applied to the wound and secondary fixation strips are placed over the outside edges to help hold the dressing in place.
When the PICO* Single Use Negative Pressure Wound Therapy System suction pump is turned on, air is pulled out of the dressing creating negative pressure and drawing excess fluid from the wound into the dressing.
The pump is battery operated and is supplied with two AA lithium batteries which provide up to 168 hours (seven days) of battery life depending upon leak rate. The batteries can be replaced if required.
The PICO* Single Use Negative Pressure Wound Therapy System pump is designed to stop working after 168 hours (seven days) of use and will not restart after this time, even with new batteries. Negative pressure will not be applied at this point.
Can be worn for up to seven days.
Lightweight, portable suction device: Electric motor driven, twin-diaphragm, vacuum pump
Two AA lithium batteries which provide up to 168 hours (seven days) of battery life depending upon leak rate.
For over 150 years, Smith & Nephew has taken a pioneering approach to product design and services, helping to reduce the human and economic costs of wounds.
Advanced Wound Bioactives
(Includes Collagenase SANTYL* Ointment, OASIS® Ultra Tri-Layer Matrix, OASIS® Wound Matrix, PROSHIELD* Foam & Spray Incontinent & Total Body Cleanser, PROSHIELD* Plus Skin Protectant, REGRANEX* (becaplermin) Gel 0.01%)
Toll-free: (800) 441-8227
Fax: (817) 900-4100
Advanced Wound Care or Devices
(Includes all other products listed below)
Toll-free: (800) 876-1261
Fax: (727) 392-6914