The PRAFO® is an ankle/foot orthosis with an aluminum heel connecting bar that helps to control plantar and dorsiflexion for the ambulating and recumbent patient.
• Clinically proven for effective ambulation
• Controls dorsi/plantar flexion
• Infinite measurable adjustments
• Custom-contoured, malleable aluminum heel connecting bar
• Malleable aluminum anti-rotation bar
• Proven superior integrity of the superstructure
The PRAFO® Orthosis is intended for household ambulation and recumbent positions as early intervention for the evolving rehab patient. The PRAFO® Orthosis is for use in post-musculoskeletal injury of the foot and ankle: post-TAL, post-Botox or serial casting, stable fractures of the foot and ankle, and tendon or ligamentous tear or rupture.
Contraindicated for use on unstable fractures of the foot and ankle or severe equino-varus or fixed contractures of the foot/ankle.
Not recommended for prolonged community ambulation.
|Accommodates bariatric patient|
|Attachable sole for ambulation||●|
|Cleanable w/ disinfectant||●|
|Patient transfer aid||●|
|Variety of sizes/lengths||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Follow written wear and care and fitting instructions included with device in accordance with prescribing physician's orders.
Recommend wearing schedule:
• As requested by ordering physician
• In general to tolerance (determined by patient's ability to wear without causing pressure, swelling or irritation)
• With patients having compromised sensation, at risk for skin breakdown or disruption of soft tissue surface - check skin after 1 hour of wear - if no concerns increase wearing time by 2 hour increments not to exceed 6 hours of wear without removal for 30 minutes to 1 hour, then reapply.
Remove for bathing or cleaning.
Industry standard co-polymer plastic, T11 aluminum, polyester Kodel lining and Velcro®. No PVC plastic (Kydex) or latex-based materials used.
1 year (90 days soft goods)
Foot length: 6(3/4)"-12"
Calf height: 12"-13"
Calf circumference: 20"
Calf width: 4"
Foot plate width: 3(3/4)"
Weight limit: 250lb
Foot length: 4(3/4)"-8(1/2)"
Calf height: 9"-10"
Calf circumference: 15"
Calf width: 3(1/2)"
Foot plate width: 3(1/2)"
Weight limit: 100lb
Anatomical Concepts is a team of practitioners, designers, and manufacturers utilizing advanced technology to develop products that deliver effective outcomes and present ease-of-use for the medical professional.