Shapes by PolyMem® Sacral Silver Dressing
Shapes by PolyMem® Sacral Silver Dressings are antimicrobial sacral-wound-shaped water-resistant multifunctional interactive dressings with a thin-film adhesive border. Designed to: help decrease pain, odor, and inflammation; continuously cleanse; and protect wounds, while promoting quick healing.
• Super absorbent starch copolymer absorbs and binds water molecules from the wound fluid, allowing natural growth factors and nutrients to concentrate in the wound bed
• Semi-permeable thin film backing provides a liquid barrier while allowing gas (O2 and CO2) exchange and maintaining an ideal moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR)
• Contains a mild, non-toxic wound-cleansing agent (F-68 surfactant) that is activated by moisture and gradually released into the wound bed
• Glycerin, a moisturizer contained in the dressing, keeps the dressing from adhering to the wound bed and provides comfort at the wound site
• Glycerin also reduces odor, conserves living fat cells, reduces hyper-granulation, soothes traumatized tissues, and supports autolytic debridement
• Transparent film backing allows visual inspection of the membrane to determine the need for a dressing change
• Keeps wound bed clean throughout healing
|Absorptive dressing format|
|Alginate dressing format|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 3 days|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 7 days||●|
|Collagen dressing format|
|Composite dressing format|
|Contact layer dressing format|
|Foam dressing format||●|
|Gauze or non-woven dressing format|
|Hydrogel (amorphous) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (impregnated) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (sheet) dressing format|
|Impregnated dressing format|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Sustained release formula||●|
|Wound filler dressing format|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Full- and Partial-Thickness Wounds
Clean wound per facility protocol. Place the dressing on the wound.
Change dressing when exudate reaches wound margin. Remove the old dressing, taking care not to disturb the wound bed. If infected, treat accordingly, and reapply the dressing.
Ferris makes PolyMem® multifunctional interactive dressings and Sportswrap® by PolyMem. PolyMem dressings are designed to help all wound types heal quickly and durably. A family-owned company, since 1977, Ferris manufactures PolyMem at its headquarters in the USA and has never had a backorder.