Sorbalgon® is a calcium alginate dressing.
• Supports the healing process by building up and keeping a moist wound environment
• Fewer dressing changes means more cost savings
• Protects wound edges against maceration and thus the healing process
• Can also be used to treat infected wounds
• Maintains contacts to the wound base (even in the case of deep wounds), meaning moist chambers are avoided and the risk for infection is minimized
• Easy handling saves time
• Hemostatic effect supports the healing process of bleeding wounds
Sorbalgon® is indicated for use on chronic or acute moderate to heavily draining wounds.
Contraindicated on wounds with zero to minimal exudate.
Sorbalgon® should not be moistened prior to use.
|Antimicrobial format available|
|Conforms readily to wound||●|
|Intact when saturated||●|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required||●|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Sorbalgon® should be changed when completely "gelled" or every other day.
HARTMANN USA, Inc. develops and markets a complete range of high performance product solutions in the areas of wound, compression and incontinence management.