MEDIHONEY® Gel Wound & Burn Dressing
MEDIHONEY® Gel Wound & Burn Dressing contains 100% active Leptospermum honey in a hydrocolloidal suspension. Supports the removal of necrotic tissue and aids in wound healing. Thicker consistency than MediHoney paste provides more stability. Sterile.
• For use in hard-to-dress wounds and other wounds normally requiring gel or paste
• Maintains effectiveness even in the presence of wound fluid, blood and tissue
• Optional accessory applicator tip comes in each box to help reach tough areas
• Promotes a moisture-balanced environment conducive to wound healing
• Can be used safely in tunneled wounds or wounds with undermining
• Can be used before, during, and after negative pressure applications
• Helps stalled wounds progress toward healing
• High osmolarity promotes autolytics debridement
• Helps lower overall wound pH
• Non-toxic, natural, and safe
MEDIHONEY® Gel Wound & Burn Dressing is indicated for dry to moderately exuding wounds such as: diabetic foot ulcers, leg ulcers (venous insufficiency ulcers, arterial ulcers and leg ulcers of mixed etiology), pressure ulcers (partial- and full-thickness), first- and second-degree partial-thickness burns, donor sites, and traumatic or surgical wounds.
Contraindicated for use on individuals with an allergy to honey or on third-degree burns.
Some patients may notice slight transient stinging. If sting does not stop or cannot be managed with analgesic, remove dressing and cleanse area. An increase in exudate may occur due to the high osmolarity. Manage with an absorptive cover dressing.
|Alginate dressing format|
|Compatible w/ topicals||●|
|Foam dressing format|
|Gauze or non-woven dressing format|
|Intact when saturated|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required||●|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
Derma Sciences, Inc. is a Tissue Regeneration Company leading in research and innovation for the management of acute wounds, chronic wounds, and burns, delivering evidence-based products to improve clinical outcomes.