Telfa® Island Dressing
Telfa® Island Dressing combines an absorbent Telfa® pad with a non-woven adhesive backing for convenient one-step wound dressing.
• Soft, non-woven backing conforms around wound and seals on all four sides
• Polyester wound contact film polymer can be steam sterilized
• Ideal moisture vapor transmission rate controls fluid loss
• Ease of use makes for an ideal take home dressing
• Balances non-adherence and exudate migration
• Can be cut to fit any shape without separating
• Provides moist wound healing environment
• Available in a variety of sizes
|Antimicrobial format available|
|Compatible w/ topicals||●|
|Conforms readily to wound||●|
|Gels on contact w/ exudate|
|Intact when saturated|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Variety of sizes||●|
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
Choose the dressing size that most closely approximates the wound. Wash your hands and don gloves. Cleanse the wound with normal saline or a commercial wound cleanser according to your institutional protocol. Open the package using aseptic technique. Reglove. Peel back and remove the paper backing. Smooth the dressing over the skin.
Medtronic manufactures and markets a broad range of wound, vascular, urological, incontinence and nursing care products that are distributed to hospitals, rehabilitation centers, long-term care facilities and homes. Offers educational programs and resources designed to raise the level of patient care while lowering costs.