3M™ V.A.C.® Ulta Therapy System is an integrated wound management system that provides four separate and distinct wound treatment options in the convenience of one device: V.A.C.® Therapy, Veraflo™ Therapy, Prevena™ Therapy, and AbThera™ Therapy.
The 3M™ V.A.C.® Ulta Therapy System is an integrated wound management system that provides negative pressure wound therapy with an instillation option. Negative pressure wound therapy in the absence of instillation is intended to create an environment that promotes wound healing by secondary or tertiary (delayed primary) intention by preparing the wound bed for closure, reducing edema, promoting granulation tissue formation and perfusion, and by removing exudates and infectious material. The instillation option is indicated for patients who would benefit from vacuum-assisted drainage and controlled delivery of topical wound treatment solutions and suspensions over the wound bed.
The Smart Instill™ Feature is sophisticated software that automates many of the Veraflo™ Therapy steps and delivers an easier interaction when initiating instillation therapy. Automatically determines the volume of topical wound solution to instill. Preprogrammed therapy settings align to global advisory recommendations. Animated troubleshooting, customizable alarms and instillation postpone feature.
The 3M™ V.A.C.® Ulta Therapy System with and without instillation is indicated for patients with chronic, acute, traumatic, subacute, and dehisced wounds, partial-thickness burns, ulcers (such as diabetic, pressure, and venous insufficiency), flaps, and grafts.
V.A.C.® Therapy in the absence of instillation may also be used for:
• the temporary bridging of abdominal wall openings where primary closure is not possible and/or repeat abdominal entries are necessary and for open abdominal wounds with exposed viscera including, but not limited to, abdominal compartment syndrome. The intended care setting is a closely monitored area within the acute care hospital, such as the ICU. The abdominal dressing will most often be applied in the operating theater.
• the management of the environment of surgical incisions that continue to drain following sutured or stapled closure by maintaining a closed environment, and removing exudate via the application of negative pressure wound therapy.
Do not place foam dressings of the 3M™ V.A.C.® Ulta Therapy System (including both V.A.C.® Therapy and Veraflo™ Therapy Dressings directly in contract with exposed blood vessels, anastomotic sites, organs, or nerves.
V.A.C.® Therapy and Veraflo™ Therapy are contraindicated for patients with:
• Malignancy in the wound
• Untreated osteomyelitis
• Non-enteric and unexplored fistulas
• Necrotic tissue with eschar present (NOTE: After debridement of necrotic tissue and complete removal of eschar, V.A.C.®
Therapy may be used)
• Sensitivity to silver (V.A.C.® Granufoam™ Silver Dressing and Prevena™ Incision Dressings only)
Weight: 3.35kg (7.4lb with a 500cc empty canister and no solution bag)
Dimensions: 217mmx260mmx191mm (8.55"x10.25"x7.5")
Electrical Data (Power Supply)
• Voltage 100-250 VAC
• Frequency 50Hz-60Hz
• Power 60W
V.A.C.ULTA™ Therapy Unit
• Continuous Operation
• Class II or internally powered equipment
• Type BF Applied Part
• Class I Equipment
• Ordinary Equipment
Battery Type: Custom Lithium Battery
Battery Life: Approximately 6 hours
Battery Recharge: Approximately 4 hours
Transport and Storage Temperature Range -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)
Operational Temperature Range 10°C to 30°C (50°F to 86°F)
Relative Humidity Range 10% to 85% non-condensing
Barometric Pressure Range 700hPa to 1060hPa
Although this equipment conforms with the intent of the directive 20041108/EC in relation to Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), all electrical equipment may product interference. If interference is suspected, move equipment away from sensitive devices or contact the manufacturer. Portable and mobile RF communications equipment can affect medical electrical equipment. Radios, cell phones, and similar devices may affect this equipment and should be kept at least 6.5ft (2m) away from the equipment. Please refer to 3M™ V.A.C.® Ulta Therapy System Product Manual for specific electromagnetic interference guidelines.