PolyMem® Finger/Toe Dressings are multifunctional interactive dressings designed to easily roll onto appendages or nearby joints, making dressing changes simple and quick. PolyMem® helps diminish pain and edema, and promotes healing by continuously cleansing wounds, balancing moisture and helping subdue and focus inflammation.
• Help reduce edema, bruising, pain and inflammation on open or closed injuries
• Continuously cleanse, fill, absorb and moisten open wounds
• Help relieve persistent and procedure related pain
1. Beitz AJ, Newman A, Kahn AR, Ruggles T, Eikmeier L. A polymeric membrane dressing with antinociceptive properties: Analysis with a rodent model of stab wound secondary hyperalgesia. J Pain. 2004 Feb;5(1):38-47.
2. Davies SL, White RJ. Defining a holistic pain-relieving approach to wound care via a drug free polymeric membrane dressing. J Wound Care. 2011 May;20(5):250, 252, 254 passim.
3. Rafter L, Oforka E. Trauma-free fingertip dressing changes. Wounds UK. 2013; 9(1):96-100.
|Antimicrobial format available||●|
|Compatible w/ topicals||●|
|Intact when saturated||●|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Measure wound area to determine the length of PolyMem® Finger/Toe Dressing required and trim excess dressing to fit. Remove the insert from the rolled end of dressing and discard. Insert the finger into the rolled end of the dressing. Push the finger into PolyMem® Silver Finger/Toe Dressing and begin rolling. Roll the dressing on the finger. The dressing should fit securely on finger or toe.
Ferris makes PolyMem® multifunctional interactive dressings and Sportswrap® by PolyMem. PolyMem dressings are designed to help all wound types heal quickly and durably. A family-owned company, since 1977 Ferris has manufactured PolyMem at its headquarters in the USA and has never had a backorder.