The UltraMIST® system delivers low frequency ultrasound to the treatment site using a non-contact fluid (e.g., saline). It produces a low energy ultrasound-generated mist used to promote wound healing.
• Non-contact, low-frequency ultrasound (NLFU)
• Pain-free delivery through a fluid/saline mist that acts as the medium to deliver energy to the wound
• Easy to set up/use - turn system on, attach disposable single use applicator and saline, select wound size and start treatment
• Can be administered by any trained health care professional
• Supported by vast array of clinical evidence
• Promotes healing by mechanically removing barriers to healing
• Reduces and removes a wide range of bacteria in the lab
• Increases perfusion through vasodilation ultimately increasing oxygen and nutrients to the tissue
The UltraMIST® System delivers low-frequency ultrasound to the treatment site using a noncontact fluid (e.g., saline). The UltraMIST® Systems produce a low energy ultrasound-generated mist used to promote wound healing through wound cleansing and maintenance debridement by the removal of fibrin, yellow slough, tissue exudate and bacteria.
Do not use near electronic implants/prosthesis (e.g., near or over the heart or over the thoracic area if the patient is using a cardiac pacemaker); on the lower back during pregnancy or over the pregnant uterus; over areas of malignancies.
Warnings: UltraMIST® applicator is designed as a single patient-use disposable unit to avoid contamination. Do not re-sterilize or reuse applicators. Reusing the applicator and/or fluid may result in infection and degraded performance. Do not allow the treatment wand or applicator to contact the patient's skin directly. Risk of burns: Do not touch the metal tip of the treatment wand during operation. Please refer to the Instructions for Use for additional information.
Applicator/system transport and storage:
Temperature: -25°C to 70°C
Relative humidity: 30% to 75% (non-condensing)
|Splash guard attachment|
|Gel couple medium use|
|Aqueous couple medium use|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Deep Tissue Injuries
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
Frequency of patient treatment is to be determined by the treating physician after appropriate patient evaluation. Good clinical practice dictates re-evaluation of the wound at routine intervals by a qualified health care professional. If no improvement is noted, the use of this therapy should be reconsidered.
SANUWAVE, Inc. is a leader in the development and commercialization of high-energy, focused shock wave technology for the repair and regeneration of conditions of the skin.